Soooooooo... Krypton is final?
I noticed there was no RC* after the 2/1/2017 build of Krypton. In play store KODI is also updated to Krypton but it says Beta on my phone.

Can someone confirm if KODI final is released? If it is - why no announcement?

Looking to get clarity here.
It's happened before where there was some delay between release and announcement. I imagine in less than a day you'll see a nice post on it.
It's not released on all platforms yet, but it's very much coming soon. At that point there will be announcements etc.

One or two platforms are already out though, as they are more indirect distributions than straight from us.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This is very confusing; they should simply release them all at the same time and keep the website accurate. Also, these are not really Release Candidates, they are Betas. Only this last version is an RC, since they KNOW they aren't going to release those prior. Yes, it's semmantics, but isn't that what computers are all about?
This build (17.0) of Kodi just crashes on startup for me. No error. Just ""Kodi has stopped working". Any suggestions. Previous RC's were working.
log please, if there is one.
(2017-02-03, 14:22)ac0mputerguru Wrote: This is very confusing; they should simply release them all at the same time and keep the website accurate. Also, these are not really Release Candidates, they are Betas. Only this last version is an RC, since they KNOW they aren't going to release those prior. Yes, it's semmantics, but isn't that what computers are all about?

The current one from the Play Store (and maybe the Windows Store, I don't know) are final releases, not candidates.

We can't release all at the same time as we're using some third party distribution in some cases (the two stores above for examples).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am just a normal happy user of final releases of Kodi.
This time round v17 was pulled by my Sony Android, even though it was not a final.
This resulted in Audio passthru and some other stuff not working and an evening of uninstallation and reinstalling Jarvis 16.1.
I did remember to disable automatic App updates though.
Will wait until v17 final is announced before enabling auto app update again ;-)

I wish though that I had the skills to be able to contribute to the great work the Team-Kodi is doing by e.g. testing and such.

Cheers and happy Kodi'ing
Does anyone know if the Amber skin has been adjusted for Krypton? I saw some rendering anomalies when I briefly tested a Release Candidate of Krypton.
Jon Heal | Have a nice day!

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
There is a version of Amber for Krypton that works fine - I use it routinely. See here for details.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-03, 17:02)dingohird Wrote: I am just a normal happy user of final releases of Kodi.
This time round v17 was pulled by my Sony Android, even though it was not a final.
This resulted in Audio passthru and some other stuff not working and an evening of uninstallation and reinstalling Jarvis 16.1.

I did remember to disable automatic App updates though.
Will wait until v17 final is announced before enabling auto app update again ;-)

I wish though that I had the skills to be able to contribute to the great work the Team-Kodi is doing by e.g. testing and such.

Cheers and happy Kodi'ing
I think you'll find it was final, and your audio passthrough isn't going to work in krypton.
289735 (thread)
we haven't pushed RC to play store, it's final and the announcement will be released soon. Only users that subscribed to our beta program will get beta/RC build installed via play store, but the update you got @dingohird was v17 final. And yes, we removed Android hacks related to audio and video handling which will mean that we now only provide the features your Android firmware supports.
(2017-02-03, 17:11)DarrenHill Wrote: There is a version of Amber for Krypton that works fine - I use it routinely. See here for details.
Thanks for the info. In the meantime, I have discovered how I can edit the skin's XML files. I made several tweaks to the Amber skin for 16.1 to adjust little things more to my liking, but the skin is completely redesigned for 17 and there are a lot more little things with that version I'd want to change. So I reckon I will stay with 16.1 for a bit longer.
Jon Heal | Have a nice day!

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
Now I'm really confused. The version on the announcement page still says v17.0 RC4. So, is the 4th Release Candidate automatically the final version for general release? If so, can you delete the "release candidate" nomenclature? Maybe update the announcements page?
Quote: it's final and the announcement will be released soon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soooooooo... Krypton is final?0