Updating Email Address
Why am I not getting the forum activation email at the @Verizon.net email address when I tried to update the email address? I had to use an alternate email address using the @outlook.com email address and it worked OK but this is a free web based email address and has ads.
check the spam filter on verizon
I tried numerous times to get confirmation/activation email using @att.net. No response. No error message.
Please edit account creation screens and wiki info. to include complete list of all banned email domains.
Please make account creation screen give error message when email domain is rejected.
we don't reject anything
Then why did I not get a confirmation/activation email until I changed my email address from @att.net to @gmail.com?
I got no response in 1 day using @att.net. I got a response in 1 minute using @gmail.com.
(2017-09-01, 18:00)rhmccullough Wrote: Then why did I not get a confirmation/activation email until I changed my email address from @att.net to @gmail.com?
I got no response in 1 day using @att.net. I got a response in 1 minute using @gmail.com.

That sounds like an issue with your @att.net email address, nothing Kodi has control over. Most likely the confirmation/activation email is going to a spam or junk folder, possibly straight to the trash.
I got the idea of rejected email domains from your account creation screen which says:

Please do not use a Microsoft (hotmail.com / live.com / outlook.com) email address!
(or add modforum@kodi.tv to your Safe Senders list)

I suggest that you delete the first line and change the second line to say:

You may need to add modforum@kodi.tv to your Safe Senders list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Email Address0