v16 Aeon MQ 7 Star Ratings
HI I am currently using Aeon MQ 7 on Jarvis 16.1 (Android), I love the skin and its features along with its sleek and modern look. However I would like to remove the number rating and the number of votes which is underneath the stars rating in most views (including widgets). I would also like to change the font of the title to something similar to Aeon MQ 6 (the one with capital letters). Having looked through a number of the skins xml files I am struggling to find the code that points to these things. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
(2017-02-03, 13:48)LeeH1988 Wrote: HI I am currently using Aeon MQ 7 on Jarvis 16.1 (Android), I love the skin and its features along with its sleek and modern look. However I would like to remove the number rating and the number of votes which is underneath the stars rating in most views (including widgets). I would also like to change the font of the title to something similar to Aeon MQ 6 (the one with capital letters). Having looked through a number of the skins xml files I am struggling to find the code that points to these things. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

1. Search in the view xml file you wish to change for word RatingAndVotes. Example ViewRightList.xml

Code:
<control type="label">
                    <left>800</left>
                    <top>826</top>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>38</height>
                    <font>Font_plot</font>
                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes]</label>
                    <textcolor>FFFFFAF0</textcolor>
                    <visible>![Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(502)]</visible>
                </control>

Remove the control above for all views you wish to remove votes, or i would recommend commenting out the code instead of deleting incase you want to have votes back. The commenting commands are <!-- above code you want to comment out and --> at end of code. It should change different colour to indicate its commented out. See below. Repeat for all views you wish to change. Save and reboot skin.

Code:
<!--
<control type="label">
                    <left>800</left>
                    <top>826</top>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>38</height>
                    <font>Font_plot</font>
                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes]</label>
                    <textcolor>FFFFFAF0</textcolor>
                    <visible>![Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(502)]</visible>
                </control>
-->

2. To have the mq6 font instead of the mq7 font. See my post here 2409700 (post)
Thank you!!!, just to clarify which xml would I have to edit to change the votes from the widget as this isn't a view as such?... Thanks again for your quick response.
Great instructions...The only problem i'm having is on views where the rating isn't in the top right hand corner I am unable to find RatingAndVotes within the view xml... I'm guessing there is a separate xml which contains this code for views that have the standard header. I like to use the showcase view which doesn't have the code in the xml. I have managed to change the font following the instructions but its not in uppercase. Do you know how to change this so that the title will be all uppercase. Thanks again for the response
1. For the widgets check file IncludesMenuWidgets.xml. RatingAndVotes should be in there.

2. For showcase and other views that dont have the RatingAndVotes label, then MyVideoNav.xml should be the file to change.

3. You can try opening Font.xml. Search for Font_title. You will see:

Code:
<font>
     <name>Font_title</name>
      <filename>aeon_common.ttf</filename>
      <size>55</size>
</font>

Add style Uppercase to it like below:

Code:
<font>
     <name>Font_title</name>
      <filename>aeon_common.ttf</filename>
      <size>55</size>
      <style>uppercase</style>
</font>

If you want everything to be uppercase you could add the style uppercase to all the different font labels in Font.xml like above.

Hope this helps Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Star Ratings1