Set "Movies" to open a Smart Playlist (not possible anymore?)
Before updating to Krypton, I had my main menu "Movies" item set up to Open Smart Playlist "My Moveis"

But now the only options for it are
- All Movies
- Recently added Movies
- Genres
- Playlists
- Files
- Library

None of these options are what I want. The reason I set up "Movies" to open a custom smart playlist is because I have separate playlists for "Movies", "Documentaries", "Foreign Movies" and "Animated Movies". Ideally I would like to have separate shelves for each custom section, showing recently added and in progress movies from that specific playlist. However, since that has't been possible, I at least had the all-inclusive shelves set up on the "Movies" menu item. But now with the update even that is no longer possible.

The same goes for TC Shows. I have separate playlists for "TV Shows" and "Animated Shows", and used to have the generic shelves appear on the "TV Shows" menu item, but now I can't do that because I can't make the "TV Shows" menu item open up my custom TV Shows smart playlist.

I would love to see that feature come back (assigning smart playlists to the Movies and TV Shows menu items), or even better I would love to see the ability to display shelves that only show data from the specified smart playlist.

Cheers,
- Ryan
I would like to second this request for pretty much the same reasons.

I've separated out my general movies, kids movies and Asian movies into three playlists. As the general movies is the main one, I liked having the standard "Movies" option open that playlist, with the added benefit of the shelves.

Allowing the Movies option to open a specific smart playlist was a very handy feature, and hopefully it can come back as soon as possible?
Skin settings > advanced > enable skin shortcuts.
(2017-02-08, 11:38)trogggy Wrote: Skin settings > advanced > enable skin shortcuts.

That doesn't seem to do what we're after. Still no option for tthe Movies menu item to open a smart playlist.
(2017-02-08, 22:57)degeneration Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 11:38)trogggy Wrote: Skin settings > advanced > enable skin shortcuts.

That doesn't seem to do what we're after. Still no option for tthe Movies menu item to open a smart playlist.
Can you set a different menu item to open a smart playlist - and then call that menu item 'Movies'?
(2017-02-08, 23:09)trogggy Wrote: Can you set a different menu item to open a smart playlist - and then call that menu item 'Movies'?
Yes, but you can't use any shelves with those custom menu items. I already do that for my other playlists (Foreign, Animated, etc), but the whole point of this thread is to get the shelves working again, and they don't work with custom menu items.

And that is precisely why I had the Movies menu item access a smart playlist in the old version, so that I could at least have the shelves on the Movies menu, even though it opened a smart playlist.
Ah, gotcha. In that case I haven't a clue, sorry.
Any update on whether this can be done?
(2017-02-09, 06:36)Renns Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 23:09)trogggy Wrote: Can you set a different menu item to open a smart playlist - and then call that menu item 'Movies'?
Yes, but you can't use any shelves with those custom menu items. I already do that for my other playlists (Foreign, Animated, etc), but the whole point of this thread is to get the shelves working again, and they don't work with custom menu items.

And that is precisely why I had the Movies menu item access a smart playlist in the old version, so that I could at least have the shelves on the Movies menu, even though it opened a smart playlist.

Hi, you can now have a shelf for custom menu items, this can be enabled in the Skin Settings if you enable Skin Shortcuts. The shelf will use the sortorder\sortby settings that are defined in the playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set "Movies" to open a Smart Playlist (not possible anymore?)0