Req Label background textures
I would really like label controls to have textures similar to buttons.

PHP Code:
<control type="label">
    <
width min="100" max="300">auto</width>
    <
height>50</height>
    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    <
font>Font1</font>
    <
align>center</align>
    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <
texture>texture.png</texture>
</
control

Reason being I want certain labels to have a background texture that auto-sizes along with the actual label. In certain scenarios I can get away with using buttons without actions to act like labels. Except I also want to use this in lists. Again, in some cases I can use buttons for labels. But in others I cannot as I don't have total control over what controls are used (for example with add-on generated lists like skin shortcuts)
Anyone? Seeing as there is another thread about this there seems to be at least some demand for it Wink

IMO it makes sense to have this feature
+1

I'm all for it.

Even when you can use a button control, its a pain having to define both a focus and unfocus texture. Plus you have the issue of losing focus from other controls if you have a mouse enabled.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Guys,

as you mentioned there is certainly calling for this (and also the one I would dearly love to see. That is diffuse tags for labels so we can fade the end of a displayed string), but it all depends on some fool (sorry I mean Dev) to step forward to code this. Other than Jonathan who sadly retired, I believe the number of Devs familiar with this part of the code base can be numbers on the fingers of your left foot.

Just saying.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Label background textures0