docs on json rpc namespace
Hi all,

I'd need help with Kodi json Settings namespace methods - I can't find any docs... for settings.

specifically, are the settings from advancedsettings.xml included in Settings.GetSettingValue namespace/method?

i.e. i can do something like

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0",  "id": 1, "method": Settings.GetSettingValue", "params": { "setting": "subtitles.custompath" }  }

for setting in guisettings, but is it possible to get settings from advancedsettings similary?

And where can I find it documented? I looked at the wiki and all other namespaces are documented more or less, but I can't seem to find anything on settings?

Thanx!
You can get all methods on github.

Settings are at the bottom.

Do a:
JSON_req = {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Introspect", "params": { "filter": { "id": "Settings.GetCategories", "type": "method" } }, "id": 1 }

to get to know all settings.

retrieve the correct setting with eg::

JSON_req = {"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"method": "Settings.GetSettingValue",
"params": {"setting": "locale.audiolanguage"},
"id": 1}
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Sorry, a bit to quick.

For advancedsettings I just do:

Code:
try:
            tree_XML = ET.parse(xbmc.translatePath("special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml"))
            advancedsettings_XML = tree_XML.getroot()
            log('advancedsettings.xml file has been read.')
            # Get all values          
            Temp = advancedsettings_XML.find("video/playcountminimumpercent")
            if Temp is not None:
                Global_BIU_vars["playcountminimumpercent"] = int(Temp.text)
            Temp = advancedsettings_XML.find("video/ignoresecondsatstart")
            if Temp is not None:
                Global_BIU_vars["ignoresecondsatstart"] = int(Temp.text)
            Temp = advancedsettings_XML.find("video/ignorepercentatend")
            if Temp is not None:
                Global_BIU_vars["ignorepercentatend"] = int(Temp.text)
        except Exception:
            log('Error reading advancedsettings.xml!!')
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Thanx for the reply. That is exactly what I do now - parse XML with minidom... I thought direct reading/writing of xml was forbidden, but seems advancedsettings is not implemented?
I only read from advancedsettings.

Advancedsettings is also a mistery for me. No addon is accepted that would make those settings easely available (through the GUI) to the user.

Yet some settings have value.

I would also like to know the official point of view about reading and writing to advancedsettings.xml
Well, there doesn't seem to be other way than to parse XML... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
docs on json rpc namespace0