Unable to update QBOX 5.11 to KODI 17l
Wink 
Looking for help. I have a Kew box which runs android 5.1.1 which should be enough to upgrade to KODI 17. But when I go to google play store, when searched, it won't even show up. Tried from kodi.tv. Also no go. It will download the apk, it just begins to install. Then I get a white screen saying "app not installed". If I follow the play store link from kodi.tv. It will bring me to the kodi install but I get a message saying that my device is not compatible. Any help?[/quote]
I have the same issue , any help gratefully appreciated .
It may be that your current install is a modified one tweaked for your box firmware and hardware. If so then you may need to remove it before you can install the vanilla version of Krypton from us. But that would be a question to put to the device maker and/or supplier (neither of whom is us).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks for the clarification.
That answer isn't sufficient- you can download the APK to an external drive or card and install via this method. However, I used to be able to update Kodi builds rather easily and would love a real fix.

Sent from my iPhone
If it's got a different app ID you can't update it from the app store. As far as it is concerned it's a different app so the update isn't applicable. The fact you know it's Kodi and the two may appear the same is irrelevant.

As to builds, if you are referring to 3rd party ones then we do not support them, indeed many are on the banned addons (wiki) list for what they contain.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-25, 21:34)DarrenHill Wrote: If it's got a different app ID you can't update it from the app store. As far as it is concerned it's a different app so the update isn't applicable. The fact you know it's Kodi and the two may appear the same is irrelevant.

As to builds, if you are referring to 3rd party ones then we do not support them, indeed many are on the banned addons (wiki) list for what they contain.

What he is saying is, even after a factory reset, he cannot install Kodi 17.1 from APK or google play even though he is running Android 5.1.1.

My experience has been the same but I found a work around. I do not want to use this work around in the future.

You're talking in circles there, buddy. Address the issue being presented.

Sent from my iPhone
OldLeach you might want to calm down a bit, everything DarrenHill has said is absolutely 100% correct with the very little information that has been provided.

If you don't like the answer provided then maybe help out a little yourself or move on as your attitude will not be accepted for very long around here.

From the rules (bolding mine):

2.1 General conduct
Be civil.
Polite language is required.

Respect the coding efforts of Kodi devs and other coders. Calling a program or add-on “worthless” will be automatically deemed as disrespect.
Respect the efforts of the forum moderators and those answering questions or writing guides. They are working for free in a fairly thankless job.
@OldLeach - A factory reset won't change the Kodi software that's installed - if it's a tweaked version with a different app ID it will remain so and so the issue will be unaffected and will continue to be entirely as described.

But as you're not the one with the issue, if you can provide a better solution then please feel free to do so, or else please stop with the attitude. What @Mnementh says above is entirely correct, and you are beginning to test my patience. Consider this a friendly highlight of what he says above, before my moderator powers here come into play.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-26, 11:43)DarrenHill Wrote: @OldLeach - A factory reset won't change the Kodi software that's installed - if it's a tweaked version with a different app ID it will remain so and so the issue will be unaffected and will continue to be entirely as described.

But as you're not the one with the issue, if you can provide a better solution then please feel free to do so, or else please stop with the attitude. What @Mnementh says above is entirely correct, and you are beginning to test my patience. Consider this a friendly highlight of what he says above, before my moderator powers here come into play.

I'm the only one here who did provide a solution. Feel free to use your "power" to moderate me out of this forum. You sure can't use it to fix his problem.

I don't think calling you out on ducking the real issue was so out of line. Basically, get to work or give up the post to someone who will.

Sent from my iPhone
So the question is how do we change the app Id to make it work ?
I have been tryin to update my Kodi as well on my G-Box and keeps telling me my deviis incopatable which I know it's compatable due to the fact I have
updated 2 others of the same kind, what do I need to do?
(2017-02-26, 17:17)OldLeach Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 11:43)DarrenHill Wrote: @OldLeach - A factory reset won't change the Kodi software that's installed - if it's a tweaked version with a different app ID it will remain so and so the issue will be unaffected and will continue to be entirely as described.

I'm the only one here who did provide a solution. Feel free to use your "power" to moderate me out of this forum. You sure can't use it to fix his problem.

I don't think calling you out on ducking the real issue was so out of line. Basically, get to work or give up the post to someone who will.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Except your method won't work, as you still have a different app ID. Sideload will make no difference, or at least no more difference than uninstalling first and then installing. And at that point the store method will work just as well, as I said in the beginning.

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi hope this helps i have the same box first thing i did when i got the the qbox 5.11 was wipe clean i manually wiped everthing [did not factory reset] then went via the browser to download latest kodi plus bought a sd card 16gb and configured to have 18gb of memory ..runs great now !
(2017-02-26, 21:58)trickymicky1 Wrote: Hi hope this helps i have the same box first thing i did when i got the the qbox 5.11 was wipe clean i manually wiped everthing [did not factory reset] then went via the browser to download latest kodi plus bought a sd card 16gb and configured to have 18gb of memory ..runs great now !

Yep. Exactly what @DarrenHill recommended to do days ago. It's the only way Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to update QBOX 5.11 to KODI 17l1