Media Player background on Krypton
request for Kodi 17 Krypton media player option to switch background from white, grey, or black, so you can switch the color of the horizontal bars.
I am not sure i understand correctly, but i sure would love it if the big black Widget backgrounds could be more (or completely) transparant...
I'm talking about the top and bottom black bars that you would usually would see if your playing a dvd on your tv. I've ripped a dvd and put it on my gboxQ2 and ran the movie though Kodi 17 Krypton and I get white top and bottom bars, I've even change the skin in Krypton to confluence and still the same white top and bottom bar. I ran the same ripped dvd though another gboxQ2 with Kodi 16.1 Jarvis w/ confluence skin and I have black top and bottom bars. My request is to have the ability to change those bars from white to black or grey. I don't know if that clears it up but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.(shrugs)
Your talking about the black bar from a wide screen movie or the side bars from a 4:3 standard DVD... I am not sure that can be changes but if it can I am sure it is already exposed in the settings... I have never seen white or gray on Kodi so not sure what you got going
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Yes the black bar from wide screen movies. when you play a wide screen movie in Krypton the bars are white instead of black. Basically it is the background that the video,stream,movie lays on top of in the player. My request is to be able to change that background to white,grey,or black if you want. White is distracting to the eye, and if you change the aspect ratio of the movie to cover the bars it distorts the picture. A lot of players dvd, dvd blu-ray, steaming devises that have players built into them or programs that have players built into them give that option.
Having the same issue. One day the white borders started appearing instead of black.
(2017-02-07, 19:59)Lance Oliver Wrote: Yes the black bar from wide screen movies. when you play a wide screen movie in Krypton the bars are white instead of black. Basically it is the background that the video,stream,movie lays on top of in the player. My request is to be able to change that background to white,grey,or black if you want. White is distracting to the eye, and if you change the aspect ratio of the movie to cover the bars it distorts the picture. A lot of players dvd, dvd blu-ray, steaming devises that have players built into them or programs that have players built into them give that option.

(2017-02-08, 15:53)casanova1012 Wrote: Having the same issue. One day the white borders started appearing instead of black.

Then provide a debug log (wiki) made while reproducing the issue

(asking myself how many banned addons (wiki) will be found in these log)
Moanbag is in da place!
I'm pretty sure this only happens with certain banned addons, debug log will show.
As I've stated before the source is from a ripped dvd that I purchased and put on my g-boxQ2 and is not though an add-on!!!!!! I'm still learning how to use Kodi Krypton 17 and my set top box so I haven't gotten that far to know how to provide a debug log! But I do know how to rip a dvd and put it on a usb drive and load it into my g-boxQ2. and play it though Kodi Krypton 17. And I also know how players work and you have to have a background layer to put a video on top of in order to see what your watching. But I guess Ill just use Jarvis 16.1 thanks for your help!
(2017-02-09, 22:11)Lance Oliver Wrote: As I've stated before the source is from a ripped dvd that I purchased and put on my g-boxQ2 and is not though an add-on!!!!!! I'm still learning how to use Kodi Krypton 17 and my set top box so I haven't gotten that far to know how to provide a debug log! But I do know how to rip a dvd and put it on a usb drive and load it into my g-boxQ2. and play it though Kodi Krypton 17. And I also know how players work and you have to have a background layer to put a video on top of in order to see what your watching. But I guess Ill just use Jarvis 16.1 thanks for your help!

What about using the link I gave you in my previous post?
It will give you all you need to know about debug log...

And your issue seems to be with local ripped DVD but the installation of banned addon could have tempered the kodi code and give you this issue even if it seems unrelated
Moanbag is in da place!
Debug log homeboy.

Listen, certain addons are known to break installs that wouldn't have a problem otherwise.
There have been other complaints regarding this issue. They have all been related to banned add-ons. See following posts in the Garbage Bin...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=312144
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311632
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311625

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Player background on Krypton0