[MOD] CIHAutoNox - for zoomed CIH setup
https://github.com/drthaipham/CIHAutoNox

Tested on Kodi 16.2

This is a modified version of scope nox by funkd.. which is a modified version of AeonNox. Features:
  • Mask (black out) areas outside of the specified aspect ratio.
  • Place the OSD and the Seekbar at the top and bottom of the screen
  • Automatically detect hardcoded black bars and calculate the aspect ratio of the playing video.
  • Can Manually specify the aspect ratio of the playing video.
  • Aspect ratio supported: 2.35, 2.0, 1.85, 16:9, 1.33.
  • Requires Kodi addon KodiCallback for autoaspect ratio detection ***
  • Can be used to control/recall projector settings specific to the AR of the playing video.

Idealy used for CIH zoom setups.
Using the normal Kodi skins in this cases causes part of the skin to spill outside the scope frame onto walls.
This version of the skin contains all the GUI within an 800/820 pixel height.

** Installation and Use
1) Download the zip files to the Kodi device.
  • a) script.cihautonox.tools.zip
  • b) skin.cihautonox.1.0.zip

2) Goto Addons, "Install from Zip" and install the two zip files

3) Install the Kodi Callbacks addon. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Callbacks
Available through the official repo (isengard forward) as of 22-04-2016

4) Configuring KodiCallBacks:
  • Task 1: builtin - RunScript(script.cihautonox.tools,autoaspect)
  • Task 2: buitin - RunScript(script.cihautonox.tools,133stop)
  • Event 1: On PlaybackStarted - Task1
  • Event 2: On PlaybackStopped - Task2 (so we can remove the 1.33 side masks for the gui)
5) Play a file and (hopefully) watch the magic happens.

** changing the projector zoom settings with the aspect ratio change
The cool thing would be to control the projector zoom setting based on the video file. the JVC-RS400 projector has lens memory settings. I just set up the memory slots for 2.35, 2.0, 1.85, 16:9, 1.33. These lens memory settings can be recalled via ip control. Unfortunately, IP control for the RS400 can only take request from one source at a time. i.e., kodi, and another remote control app cannot both control the RS400.

The solution is to use a gateway. I just use the simplecontrol app. I have activities set up to recall the various zoom settings. (Named Mask235, Mask200, Mask185, Mask169 in my case.) Then on changing the aspect ratio on the skin, the script also tells simple control to run the associated activity.

** Changing the Masking sizes
custom_1131_ScopeBars133.xml - contains the mask for 133 aspect ratio
custom_1132_ScopeBars235.xml - contains the mask for 235 aspect ratio
custom_1133_ScopeBars200.xml - contains the mask for 200 aspect ratio
custom_1134_ScopeBars185.xml - contains the mask for 185 aspect ratio.
16:9 obviously does not need masking as it is the whole panel size.

** Other files of note **

VideoOSD.xml - contains the OSD and aspect ratio changing buttons. DiaglogSeekBar.xml - contains the code for the seek bar in the bottom of the screen.
I'm very interested in this solution. I have a 2.37:1 screen research clearpix screen and a JVC projector with lens memories set up för 1.66:1, 1.78:1 (16:9), 2.35:1 and 2.39:1. I tried to install this on Kodi 18 Leia but it didn't work. Any possibility to modify it for Leia?
I’ve been using scopenox for years with JVC projector. I also use simple control. Always wanted to be able to automatically change lens based on movie. Will try this one day when I have time. Thanks for sharing
Anyone have a solution that works in Kodi 19 to send command to projector/masking system based on video file aspect ratio?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] CIHAutoNox - for zoomed CIH setup0