Bug 17.0 pvrtimersetting channel number display
I am using PVR WMC as PVR client for US broadcast TV (ATSC) that provides virtual channel and subchannel number (nn.n) for each channel. In pvrtimersetting dialog, the label displayed as "channel" appears to be derived from channelnumber channeldescription (also shown in selectdialog when editing channel entry).

The displayed channel number seems to be shown as "0" for all "secondary" channels and no subchannel numbers are shown. E.g., virtual channel 11.1 is shown as "8" and 11.2 and 11.3 shown as "0". With setting "Use channel numbers from backend" enabled, virtual channel 11.1 is shown as "11" and 11.2 and 11.3 still show as "0".

scott s.
Update: Really two problems (related). Both are in how the info is persented to user.

First issue. When user setting "usebackendchannelnumbers" is true, Dialogtimersettings only displays the iChannelNumber, not the combined iChannelNumer - iSubChannelNumber. As a result user can only rely on the sChannelName to select the desired channel.

Second issue: When user has a channelgroup defined and in use, the channel number display works as described in "first issue". However, when Dialogselect is opened to change the channel to be recorded, the list of channels is not restricted to the channel group in effect; all channels are shown . The channel numbers for those channels NOT in the current channel group appear to be random, at least it isn't obvious how they are assigned (true regardless of "usebackendchannelnumbers" state. ISTM only channels in the current channel group should be presented in Dialogselect. But if for some reason all channels are listed, they should have correct or understandable channel numbers.

scott s.
I wondered why some of my channel numbers were messed up when creating a timer. I thought it was a skin issue, but Estuary was using the correct ChannelNumberLabel that should include the subchannel. Glad to know there's a reason why this was happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.0 pvrtimersetting channel number display0