rasberry pi kodi client not seeing all movies
I have my hole house setup with kodi clients on my tv's and I have a central video database. my library is quite large so I had to span it across two windows 10 pc's one is the database with mysql installed and the second is just storage. I am setting up my first raspberry PI and I got it work with the advancedsetting.xlm file so it sees my videos but it only seems to see some of the movies from the storage pc. like for example if I go under tv show on the main ribbon and got to American dad and pick a episode. it says it can't find the file and asked to delete it. then when I go under the video on the ribbon and navigate to the tv show folder there is no American dad there. I do not have this issue on my Win 1o pc kodi clients. only with the Rasberry PI and my Fire stick. all movies are .mp4 files. and the advancedsettings.xml file looks the same on all my devices. can some one help?
If I understand correctly, you have the powered USB hub powering the Pi while also using it as an actual hub?
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-07, 09:06)willieaames Wrote: If I understand correctly, you have the powered USB hub powering the Pi while also using it as an actual hub?

If the hub provides adequate power to run the pi, this works just fine.
the Rasberry pi is just the pi in a case with power supply, hdmi, network cable, and keyboard and mouse connected no other fanciness. It's running the openelec kodi install from the NOOBs menu. Then I set it up to allow file ssh sharing so I could access the kodi file via network to place the advancesettings.xml file in the userdata folder on the pi. I just copied and pasted the same advancedsetting.xml file i use for my windows clients. I've checked all the movie share files and they are all set to allow everyone full access. I use the ip address when I added the movie folders in the kodi server and when I configured the advancedsettings.xml so I don't have to deal with dns naming issues. last night I even killed off the database and source files in my kodi server and re-setup the database from the beginning. all my windows based kodi clients have no problem playing any files from either media storage server. But the Rasberry pi still can not seem to see any movie files on the second media server. when in kodi on the Rasberry pi if i try to play and movie that i know is stored on the secondary media server it says it can't find the file and asks if i would like to remove it from it from kodi.
As already requested, a debug log would help...

I'm going to guess your version of Kodi on OE is older than that on your windows boxes resulting in mismatched databases.
have to wait till i get home to pull the log. all the kodi's are 16.1
here is the log from my Rasberry PI Kodi https://paste.ubuntu.com/23951393/
Rekteck,
Move you media off the c drive. I know this sux. But it works. Still working on a win10 fix.

Ref:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2499955

G
The first thing I would try would be to turn off homegroup sharing if that's what you're using. Share your folders the old-fashioned way and see if that makes a difference.
Or use a proper OS for sharing files. Funny, I never have problems serving files via SMB from linux, even though it is usually regarded as a windows oriented network file system, linux seems to do it better than windows, especially since homegroup confused everyone.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have my windows pc on a domain. and all my media is spread across two different hard drives on each server. I don't put anything on my c drives other than the os and application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rasberry pi kodi client not seeing all movies0