Maximum number of files
Is there a maximum number of files allowed in a directory before the library system falls over?

I used to have all my stand alone films in one directory (about 1800 films), but XBMC/Kodi was unable to process it. Once I split it into two directories, it could handle each directory fine?

Is this how it's meant to be, or was I doing something wrong?
I believe it's more to bytes than actual movie content. The way I do it is to split down in manageable chunks, or if you prefer, genres.. To keep the load down on tx/rx paths.
There's nothing you are doing wrong really.. Like the hdd we use... FAT... Allocation byte limits of paths.
The thing that I've seen that can cause an issue is going over the limit... which in turn locks your device possibly, and may give you a dump file from a crash.
What version of Kodi?
And what OS?

§Glass<^>Rain§2
I don't think there is a limit.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Apple TV2 (Software v4.2.1)
Operating System Darwin 10.4.0
Kodi v14.2 Git:2015-03-26-7cc53a9-dirty
I've not seen a post or script with a limit either nickr.. just old guidelines I use on business networks.
For instance pst files will collapse after a point because of large amounts of data.
I would definitely be interested in knowing some of the specs.

§Glass<^>Rain§

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maximum number of files0