"Browse for Subtitles" shortcut
I am trying to map to a Key in my keyboard the "Browse for subtitles" window in video mode (the one that is under the sound icon in the video mode OSD), but I just can't find the action for it (or window name or ID). I have already mapped some utilities such as "SubtitleSearch" (so that you know I am not a total novice).
Can someone help me with this?
Did you check the wiki ?
In the keyboard layout.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)
First of all thanks for the fast reply, but not helpful :-(
I may have not been precise enough; I am not trying to map the "search for subtitles menu". That one I have already mapped. I am trying to map the "browse for subtitles" which does not download subtitles from any site, instead it lets you browse your computer for your own subtitles.
That menu is under "sound options", not under subtitles options (all inside the player OSD). If you check this link it is the second item from the bottom: http://cdn.htpcbeginner.com/images/2015/...ayback.jpg
It opens a menu that alows to browse your computer for a locally stored subtitle file.
And yes, I have checked the wiki.
Please, anyone knows what is the name of the action to summon that menu? The name to be able to map it to a key?
Thanks in advance.
Just curious,
Why not place the subtitles where they belong ?
Besides the video file this way they are selected automatic.
If you download it manually why not take the time to put them in the correct place right away,
Shouldn't take you more then a minute with a decent file manager.
And I think it would be faster then selecting it manually with the Kodi browser.
Saves you sometime and makes the watching a movie/tv show experience more fun in my opinion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Because the subtitles are stored locally but the video isn't. It is a streamed video, so there's no place where the subtitles belong.
On top of that, though the main goal is to have the key mapped, I also do want to know how to do it just for the knowledge itself.
Where do you get the stream from? Afaik netflix and amazon video offer the option to turn on subtitles, so the provider of the (hopefully legal) stream would be the best option to look for the subtitles, wouldn't it?

Cheers
The provider does not include HI removed subtitles which is why I download my own subtitles and use "subtitle Workshop" to remove the hearing impaired parts, which I personally hate. Specially when they write (CHUCKLES)...Those get me out of the film.
Thanks for the answer however.
Still it leaves me where I started, not knowing how to map "browse for subtitles" to a key in my keyboard.
ok, I'm no skinner but you can find a list of all the window-ids that can be called with ActivateWindow() here. none of the definitions fit the window you want imo but maybe you can (somehow) grab the window-id of the dialog you want and use it in ActivateWindow()

that's all I can contribute Wink
Thank you hansl. That could work, I just have to find a process inspector that is able to tell me what window is active in Kodi... Any ideas?
I'm completely out of my depth here. Maybe the guys in the skinning sub-forum can help? Good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Browse for Subtitles" shortcut0