Mapping the PLAY key
When a show is paused, after 3min I have kodi set to dim the screen (screensaver settings), now if using the kodi remote on iPhone, pressing play wakes the screen and resumes playback. Now I have a Logitech remote, and pressing the key buttom "once", only wakes the screen, pressing a 2nd time, resumes playback.

So my question is, does anyone know which key mapping is different, cause its annoying having to press play twice. I use the kodi keymapping editor to map my keys as needed, and ive tried mapping the remote key to both the "play" and play/pause" mappings, but still have the same 2 key press behaviour.
It is normal behaviour that you press a remote button to wake screen saver and that button press is ignored.
Note: Most screen savers don't let you see the GUI.
You don't want to press the OK button to exit the screensaver and find it has unwanted selected yes on a pop up dialog asking "do you want to upgrade to krypton and reboot".

I can only assume that the iPhone remote is using a different mechanism to resume (not sending button presses but perhaps sending a json http play request).
Interesting. This confirms what I'm seeing-- that in ScreenSaver mode, Kodi "eats" the first Remote Key and wakes up from the ScreenSaver. Is there any way to configure or control this behavior from an Addon Script? Like, allow any button except "select" to fall through and perform its regular action?

Or, is there a way to tweak the ScreenSaver Timeout from an Action? Or a SetProperty() call?
thanks, makes sense. I've just gone back to using no screensaver, no big deal. I just find it annoying for a 2 press play button with it on...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mapping the PLAY key0