v17 Player Process / Debug Keymap
Exclamation 
Hey all,

wondering if anyone could help me.
I have Kodi 17 running on my Nvidia Shield, and when I use to press o to bring up the player/stream info screen overlay, I would get the line where it shows how the loading of a media stream is going, like C i think. In 17, this is missing, but apparently you can access it using ctrl+shift+o , but I would like to know how I would send this as a keyboard commany, as I use Yatse remote app on my phone, and usually map o as the keyboard command send, do i have to make this ctrl+shift+o as a keymap file rename or something??

Thankyou for your help
bump Smile

anyoneHuh this should be simple I thought.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps

had a read through this, but just not sure how to go about it. I have edited keymaps before, but I need help with this one I think
The keymap editor add-on is usually a simpler way to go. You'll find it in the built-in official repo.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-07, 15:57)DarrenHill Wrote: The keymap editor add-on is usually a simpler way to go. You'll find it in the built-in official repo.

yeah I have this editor as a program addon, but I need help with understanding exactly what to change in that editor to make it work. Anyone who knows about keymaps should be able to help..... I'm simply looking for how to add the cntrl,shift,o command, i don't mind it that will replace o , as then I can just send o via my remote.
Create gen.xml in the keymaps folder and input this code:

Code:
<keymap>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61520">PlayerDebug</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

You can use whatever key id you want, for me this maps it to the "P" key on my keyboard. I don't know the key id for "O" but you can find it easily enough via Keymap Editor.
worked well, thanks heaps mate Smile
Thanks, it helped me to assign custom keyboard shortcuts in Harmony 880 to standard functions of KODI
Other debug screens that might interest you... https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player Process / Debug Keymap0