wd 2,5" usbdisk on Pi2
Hi,

i am trying to get a WD 2,5'' usb disk working on my Pi2.
the light on the disk is on when i connect the disk but i cant find the disk in the Pi2
the only thing in the usb ports are the dongle for the remote control and this WD 2.5" usbdisk

so can this be a powerproblem or am i doing something wrong?

thanks
What happens when you connect this disk directly to USB port on Pi?
I wouldn't recommend using an usb powered hard drive with the Pi. My power supply died after three weeks usage with an old 2.5 inch hard drive from XBOX 360.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
i connect it directly to a usb port of the Pi2 , the light starts to blink and then solid but then i can't find it
Did you look in /media?
@ActionA

no i did not look there
i am on openElec\Kodi and i was told to look in MNT folder butt don't see it there

what do i have to do to "see" the disk and import the movies that are on the disk ,do i have to mount it or is it auto-mounted?

Thanks for the help
I'm not terribly familiar with OE but I'm sure they would automount drives. You should probably ask on their forums.
If it's not auto mounting then yes I would strongly suspect it's a power issue.

I have a WD MyPassPort drive which was very random in whether it was seen or not (and whether both it's virtual CD and main partitions were mounted or just the vCD one) when just straight USB powered, but as soon as I put a powered hub in there it mounts every time without issue or failure.

You can try adding max_usb_current=1 into /boot/config.txt to enable maximum current through the USB ports (depending on what version you are running it may already do that by default), but I'd recommend looking into a powered hub (which can also be used to power the Pi itself if you get a good one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok thanks for the info...

i checked the config.txt and the string max_usb_current=1 is already there

so i ordered a 7 Port powered USB Hub for the Raspberry Pi to be sure
https://thepihut.com/products/7-port-usb...spberry-pi

thanks for the help everyone
I would get a external USB with additional power connection. Hard drive needs about 1 amp to get it going... External power source is needed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000
Power problem indeed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MX_Base met Tapatalk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wd 2,5" usbdisk on Pi20