Anyone Explain xbmcvfs XFILE Error?
I've seen this error (only Windows for whatever reason) and never been able to adequately explain it. Someone asked about it in the Backup Addon thread and I thought I'd take a stab and figuring out what it is.

When doing a file copy using xbmcvfs.copy() you will occasionally see errors. For example, take the following bit of code:

Code:
isSuccess = xbmcvfs.copy(xbmc.translatePath('C:/aDir/source.txt'), xbmc.translatePath('E:/aDir/destination.txt'))

For whatever reason, sometimes when doing this operation you get this in the log file and the boolean value returns False, although the file does get copied.

Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::Create E:\

Now the E: root drive does exist, and so does the folder after it, so the file does copy. It just prints this error in the log and returns False anyway. I've never considered it a big deal since it technically worked, however the boolean result cannot be trusted. This often results in false displays of "File could not be copied" messages even though it really could.

Here is a log file from a user who had this issue: http://pastebin.com/QWcKvCpC

Anyone have an insights?
A semi-educated guess is that it is probably trying to create all dirs in the given path and doesnt recognize the windows path somewhere due to the / usage. I will look at the code involved but i dont windows so cannot really debug.
Thanks for any info.

I tried a few things just to see if I could work out a pattern. Definitely can generate that error but the files do write. Weird thing is in my tests the boolean value returns True anyway. Posted back to the original user asking for another log with some added log entries to see if maybe one file is really failing but the others are just errors that don't mean anything in the end.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone Explain xbmcvfs XFILE Error?0