v17 Live-TV stuttering after channel start/change
(2017-02-11, 19:38)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 18:09)goodton Wrote: OK. In Jarvis DVBLink worked without issues but it starts to look like the the Krypton-version of DVBLink-addon is not up to task at the moment, especially with this new demux queue -mechanism. I assume, that there are no more tools on Kodi-side to tackle this problem? I have understood, that this PVR-addon development work and especially the responsibilities are somewhat "unclear" to backend-providers at the moment, quite probably I'm going to be thrown back here, when I start to discuss about this in DVBLogic-forum Smile

I agree and I suggested again to the team that the github org kodi-pvr, that currently own the master repo, should be discontinued. Ownership pretends that team kodi cares about the addons. Trust me, this is not the case. Nobody in team kodi cares about 95% of the addons. The maintainers are fully in change of their addons. If they don't care, the addons will decay.

(2017-02-11, 18:09)goodton Wrote: One question related to FPS-detection in Kodi for PVR-streams? As I described previously, this "detection"-phase can last quite a long time, just measured this to take about 10 seconds actually. And when this happens there might be also a quick "flick" on screen. How this detection works and is it by design, that it can/will take this long for real-time stream as for video files this is instant? Probably nothing to do with this stuttering issue, just interested Smile

FPS detection looks at the pts vales of the frames. This is mainly used to change refresh rate. If timestamps are clean, it takes about 3 seconds. If it takes 10, timestamps must be rather messy or frames are missing.

The short "flick" is a Windows issue. On Windows deinterlacing is done by renderer so player detects 25fps instead of 50. Could easily be fixed.

Is this specific realtime flag a part of addon capabilities structure?
Hi, Is there an update on this? I experience what I think is the same issue using dvblink backend to a Shield TV running Kodi 18 nightly.
As an end user of Kodi, how do we get momentum on these type of issues when the ownership of this is grey?
I am having this same issue.

I am using a Bravia android tv with krypton 17.3 on it.

I recently decided to try my stbemu settings in Kodi and like Kodi very much. But:

With stbemu:

channels switch instantly
Channels start without this single stutter at the beginning right after switch of channel
I can see as I scroll down to choose a channel a guide below the video on the right hand side listing the current content and the next 3 programs without having to switch to full guide.
I click on 'ok' and get the channel list, while with Kodi to keep a clear video going, I have to click 'ok' and travel from 'stop' on the left to 'channels' on the right to get the channel list with the video not shaded on the background. Because clicking on 'back' gives the channel list but shades the background video. Would be nice to just have the current video on the right side of channel list.

Surely the stuttering matter tho, and the channel switching times are the major annoyances here.
I think it's important I mention that this is happening for me mainly on HQ channels.
Here's a thread that addresses a similar issue. Perhaps the same cause?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306137

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live-TV stuttering after channel start/change0