Question on the Status of a Few things related to multiple devices
A year or so ago I had a few issues going on that let me away from Kodi and MySQL (or Kodi and UPNP) for a solution for a multiple-kodi system house.
  • A headless instance to manage the collections/libraries
  • ability to transcode files
  • ability to watch on Roku

This list of recommendations led me to Emby. I've been using it more or less for a year. Recently, through no change I could figure out (I hadn't updated packages for Emby or Kodi), it started buffering on various videos and causing them to be unplayable. So I tried to isolate the variables. That led me to run the video in VLC and it worked flawlessly. So .... hmm.... So I removed Emby and everything works fine in Vanilla Kodi 16 w/o Emby. So that means it's not the computer or the network, it's Emby. So, just curious if anything has changed w/ the Kodi project that would eliminate the need to use Emby.

Thanks!
MySQL works fine, but Kodi still did not transcode.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the info.

1. Do you know if it's on the timeline or if it's a never-thing?

2. When using MySQL, it takes a while to load in the "SD"and "HD" icons as it populates the number of hours of movies I have. Anything I can do to speed that up?
I think that sd/hd thing involves kodi probing the file, so that will take time the first time it is done. It should be quicker once the info is in the database.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on the Status of a Few things related to multiple devices0