v17 Going back after selecting shortcut from home menu doesn't return home?
Yes use the Krypton nightlies if you're desperate for a fix, these are 17.1 plus bugs fixes since that release until such time as we decide to do a formal 17.2 release.
Is there any news on this issue please?
I'm using Kodi 17.3 Git:147cec4 and this is still a problem for me.
The back arrow is still not returning me to the home screen.

Paul
Bump... Still having the issue is there a work around.... I enter my plugin from the video library ... on back or esc. it goes the the home screen.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
The original issue reported here was fixed.

Can you please describe in the detail the steps you take and the version of Kodi you are using? it would help if the issue can be replicated with an addon from the Kodi repo such as Youtube.
smitchell6879 - It sounds kind of like your "back" function is mapped to your home screen.  ESC should in fact bring you back to the home screen.  The back button should go back one step.

Also, have you updated to the latest Kodi version?
I running the default keymap and I am running Kodi 18 Nightlies and it can be replicated using Special Features addon linked in my signature. I will try to replicate it with other addons but most are not entered the way I do with this addon. I will update if I can find another addon with the same issue ... as of now it happen with opening the 3rd level of my plugin directory from the movie of tvshow library.
Issue was on my side I was calling the plugin wrong. Sorry for wasting your time.
No problem, thanks for confirming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going back after selecting shortcut from home menu doesn't return home?0