This is gonna be great!!!
Smile 
I've never had an Xbox and i just stumbled across this by accident a while back..
I was looking for something to replace a few Winxp mediacenter pc's that i have in the house.
I was looking for a lightweight alternative and tried Geexbox but that do not have thumbnails for the movies so my kids cannot use it without adult help...
Mythpc and Mediaportal was IMO too complicated to set up.
XBMC on linux is looking very promising, Xubuntu has installed without problem on all my Pc's ( Dualboot for now...) Recognizing all my hardware, MCE remote, network etc etc, the only thing you have to fix is graphic driver configuration.
XBMC is nice with movie library function and thumnails and other great features...
I hope in futute, you can add emulator support to this XBMC port also and run the same scripts ( Apple movietrailer, etc etc) that is available on the original XBMC...

Typical that i have mostly Ati card in my Pc's and getting the Green picture, But the future is looking so bright i gotta wear shades!!!Cool

Sorry for this spacewaster of a post but I'm so excited, and just can't hide it!!! La lalala la.... Wink Huh Blush
Many of the scripts that ran on the XBOX were Python, Python runs on Linux, I'll bet that getting those scripts working won't be nearly so hard as having to write some sort of emulator. when the time comes I'll bet that scripts won't be an issue and heck some of the maintainers of those scripts might even be excited enough about this to port over themselves.

I have to agree - lots to be excited about!
i dont see why the scripts wouldn't work out of the box. I think the emulator support he meant was console emulation.
Yes that's what i meant, I guess you "only" need to change the scripts to launch Linux exe files instead of Xbox .xbe files.

Pure Python scripts should work ok.
I actually tried the Apple movietrailers but it fails at "getting settings" looks like it's missing a file...
some of the scripts that already exists in the script folder seems to work ok. Nod
I'd imagine the only emulation you're likely to get near-term will be things like MAME and perhaps other consoles. To date I've not heard of anyone attempting to write an emulator for the XBOX although I suppose it could happen in the future. I'm mostly interested in this for video but getting the old arcade ROMs working along with an XBOX1 or 360 controller would rock! No reason why it couldn't be done, just no one has done it yet that I know of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This is gonna be great!!!0