window <backgroundcolor>0 artifacts
Im setting backgroundcolor to 0 or 0x00000000 [http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_Structure]
But it's causing weird artifacts and blitting animations.

This is in SkinSettings.xml
a value of 0x00000000 means kodi does not clear the background, so i guess what you see is the expected result?
according to the wiki you should only use this value if you have a fullscreen background image in your skin.

do you also get those artifacts if you use another value, for instance 0xff000000 ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This maybe because I pressed '\' and rescaled window, will check in a bit..
(2017-02-08, 19:34)ronie Wrote: a value of 0x00000000 means kodi does not clear the background, so i guess what you see is the expected result?
according to the wiki you should only use this value if you have a fullscreen background image in your skin.

do you also get those artifacts if you use another value, for instance 0xff000000 ?

I had a background, here is another pic. At the top is that blue block, that isnt coded. Nor is all the staggered panels, thats the animation juddering about. If I use a color value I get a block of that color with no weirdness.

Same occurs without messing with rescale.
It gets blurry as well moving around the animations, like ghosting.
Are your background images jpg or PNG... Once again I had the same issue I think I was using PNG as the background switched to jpg I have no issues o and I am using just 0
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Actually I just realized it ... <Texture background="true">$Var[background image]</texture>

That may be the what is need at least that's everything I changed to get rid of the issue
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Sounds like you background texture doesn't cover the whole screen or it's not visible in all windows.
Bg texture is fullscreen fanart etc, is visible behind window ok. But weirds aout with animations basically. Has a fit ...
If you have it set to 0x00000000 you can't use fade animations on the backgrounds on window open/close or you get those artefacts iirc.
Ok, thanks. Will leave alone for now Big Grin Have worked around(ish).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
window <backgroundcolor>0 artifacts0