Error when compiling latest Kodi für Raspberry 2
Building in chroot environment worked. So I want to thank KlotX, rascas and Sam.Nazarko for their invaluable help during this process!
You're most welcome.

Can you summarise what you needed to do in addition to the guide in order to compile it in a chroot ? I'll be more than happy to include it in my guide.

Thanks a lot for testing.
(2017-04-21, 15:29)KlotX Wrote: Can you summarise what you needed to do in addition to the guide in order to compile it in a chroot ? I'll be more than happy to include it in my guide.

Well, I used a fresh VM with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and started with setting up the chroot environment. I followed ths guide and replaced wheezy with jessie:
https://gist.github.com/jeremyckahn/3195325

In addition I added one more repository than was suggested in the guide to the chroot environment (/etc/apt/sources.list);
Code:
deb http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ jessie main ui

And finally I created a ccache direcrtory:
Code:
mkdir <path-to-ccache-directory>
export CCACHE_DIR=<path-to-ccache-directory>

From there on I followed your tutorial for building kodi.
Awesome, I'll update it today, thank you very much Smile
After some time I wanted to build a new kodi version, but I was not successful. I started with a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and did set up a chroot environment. Then I followed (again) the excellent tutorial from KlotX. But right at the end of the build process I got this error:
Code:
[100%] Built target libkodi
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/depend
make[2]: Entering directory '/root/xbmc-original/build'
cd /root/xbmc-original/build && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /root/xbmc-original/project/cmake /root/xbmc-original/project/cmake /root/xbmc-original/build /root/xbmc-original/build /root/xbmc-original/build/CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/xbmc-original/build'
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/root/xbmc-original/build'
[100%] Linking CXX executable kodi.bin
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/ccache /root/xbmc-original/build/build/ffmpeg-link-wrapper /usr/bin/c++  -std=c++11 -fPIC -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mvectorize-with-neon-quad -O3 -DNDEBUG -s   CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/root/xbmc-original/xbmc/platform/posix/main.cpp.o -o kodi.bin -rdynamic -Wl,--whole-archive build/network/httprequesthandler/python/network_httprequesthandlers_python.a build/network/httprequesthandler/network_httprequesthandlers.a build/network/upnp/network_upnp.a build/upnp/libupnp.a build/rendering/gles/rendering_gles.a build/unrarxlib/libunrarxlib.a build/cdrip/cdrip.a build/windowing/egl/windowing_egl.a build/posix/platform_posix.a build/utils_posix/utils_posix.a build/filesystem/posix/filesystem_posix.a build/storage/linux/storage_linux.a build/powermanagement/linux/powermanagement_linux.a build/peripherals/bus/linux/peripherals_bus_linux.a build/network/linux/network_linux.a build/input/touch/generic/input_touch_generic.a build/input/touch/input_touch.a build/input/linux/input_linux.a build/linuxsupport/linuxsupport.a build/cores/omxplayer/omxplayer.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/hwdec/videorenderers_hwdec.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/shaders/videoshaders.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/videorenderers.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/process/process.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/subtitles/dvdsubtitles.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/inputstreams/dvdinputstreams.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/demuxers/dvddemuxers.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/video/dvdvideocodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/overlay/dvdoverlaycodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/audio/dvdaudiocodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/dvdcodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoPlayer.a build/video/windows/video_windows.a build/video/sync/video_sync.a build/video/jobs/video_jobs.a build/video/dialogs/video_dialogs.a build/video/video.a build/windows/windows.a build/windowing/windowing.a build/view/view.a build/utils/utils.a build/threads/threads.a build/storage/storage.a build/rendering/rendering.a build/programs/programs.a build/powermanagement/powermanagement.a build/playlists/playlists.a build/platform/platform_common.a build/pictures/pictures.a build/messagingHelpers/messagingHelpers.a build/messaging/messaging.a build/media/media.a build/listproviders/listproviders.a build/input/keyboard/input_keyboard.a build/input/joysticks/generic/input_joystick_generic.a build/input/joysticks/dialogs/input_joystick_dialogs.a build/input/joysticks/input_joystick.a build/input/input.a build/guilib/guilib.a build/epg/epg.a build/dialogs/dialogs.a build/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a build/commons/commons.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_PVR/api1AddonCallbacks_PVR.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Peripheral/api1AddonCallbacks_Peripheral.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_InputStream/api1AddonCallbacks_InputStream.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_GUI/api1AddonCallbacks_GUI.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Codec/api1AddonCallbacks_Codec.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioEngine/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioEngine.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioDSP/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioDSP.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Addon/api1AddonCallbacks_Addon.a build/addonsBinaryInterfaces/addonsBinaryInterfaces.a build/addons/addons.a build/xbmc/xbmc.a build/settings/windows/settings_windows.a build/settings/lib/settings_lib.a build/settings/dialogs/settings_dialogs.a build/settings/settings.a build/pvr/windows/pvr_windows.a build/pvr/timers/pvr_timers.a build/pvr/recordings/pvr_recordings.a build/pvr/dialogs/pvr_dialogs.a build/pvr/channels/pvr_channels.a build/pvr/addons/pvr_addons.a build/pvr/pvr.a build/profiles/windows/profiles_windows.a build/profiles/dialogs/profiles_dialogs.a build/profiles/profiles.a build/peripherals/dialogs/peripherals_dialogs.a build/peripherals/devices/peripherals_devices.a build/peripherals/bus/virtual/peripheral_bus_virtual.a build/peripherals/bus/peripherals_bus.a build/peripherals/addons/peripherals_addons.a build/peripherals/peripherals.a build/network/websocket/network_websockets.a build/network/network.a build/music/windows/music_windows.a build/music/tags/music_tags.a build/music/infoscanner/music_infoscanner.a build/music/dialogs/music_dialogs.a build/music/music.a build/interfaces/python/python_interface.a build/interfaces/legacy/wsgi/legacy_interface_wsgi.a build/interfaces/legacy/legacy_interface.a build/interfaces/json-rpc/jsonrpc_interface.a build/interfaces/info/info_interface.a build/interfaces/generic/generic_interface.a build/interfaces/builtins/interfaces_builtins.a build/interfaces/interfaces.a build/games/controllers/windows/games_controller_windows.a build/games/controllers/guicontrols/games_controller_guicontrols.a build/games/controllers/dialogs/games_controller_dialogs.a build/games/controllers/games_controller.a build/games/games.a build/filesystem/musicdatabase/musicdatabasedirectory.a build/filesystem/videodatabase/videodatabasedirectory.a build/filesystem/filesystem.a build/kissfft/kissfft.a build/events/windows/events_windows.a build/events/events.a build/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a build/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a build/cores/externalplayer/externalplayer.a build/cores/dll-loader/exports/util/exports_utils.a build/cores/dll-loader/exports/dllexports.a build/cores/dll-loader/dllloader.a build/cores/audioengine/audioengine.a build/cores/cores.a build/swig/libpython_binding.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive libkodi.a -lpthread -lsqlite3 -lfreetype -lpcrecpp -lpcre build/libdvd/lib/libdvdnav.a build/libdvd/lib/libdvdread.a build/libdvd/lib/libdvdcss.a -ltinyxml -lpython2.7 -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lpython2.7 -lyajl -lcdio -llzo2 -lfribidi -ltag build/lib/libcrossguid.a -luuid -lz -lmicrohttpd -lmicrohttpd -lgnutls -lgcrypt -lmysqlclient -lssh -lxslt -lxml2 -lasound -ludev -ldbus-1 -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -lsmbclient -lpulse -lpulse-mainloop-glib -lbluetooth -lssl -lcrypto /opt/vc/lib/libGLESv2.so /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so /opt/vc/lib/libmmal.so /opt/vc/lib/libmmal_core.so /opt/vc/lib/libmmal_util.so /opt/vc/lib/libmmal_vc_client.so /opt/vc/lib/libmmal_components.so /opt/vc/lib/libbcm_host.so /opt/vc/lib/libvchiq_arm.so /opt/vc/lib/libvcos.so /opt/vc/lib/libvcsm.so /opt/vc/lib/libvchostif.a /opt/vc/lib/libvcilcs.a /opt/vc/lib/libcontainers.so build/network/httprequesthandler/python/network_httprequesthandlers_python.a build/network/httprequesthandler/network_httprequesthandlers.a build/network/upnp/network_upnp.a build/rendering/gles/rendering_gles.a build/unrarxlib/libunrarxlib.a build/cdrip/cdrip.a build/windowing/egl/windowing_egl.a build/posix/platform_posix.a build/utils_posix/utils_posix.a build/filesystem/posix/filesystem_posix.a build/storage/linux/storage_linux.a build/powermanagement/linux/powermanagement_linux.a build/peripherals/bus/linux/peripherals_bus_linux.a build/network/linux/network_linux.a build/input/touch/generic/input_touch_generic.a build/input/touch/input_touch.a build/input/linux/input_linux.a build/linuxsupport/linuxsupport.a build/cores/omxplayer/omxplayer.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/hwdec/videorenderers_hwdec.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/shaders/videoshaders.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/videorenderers/videorenderers.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/process/process.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/subtitles/dvdsubtitles.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/inputstreams/dvdinputstreams.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/demuxers/dvddemuxers.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/video/dvdvideocodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/overlay/dvdoverlaycodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/audio/dvdaudiocodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/codecs/dvdcodecs.a build/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoPlayer.a build/video/windows/video_windows.a build/video/sync/video_sync.a build/video/jobs/video_jobs.a build/video/dialogs/video_dialogs.a build/video/video.a build/windows/windows.a build/windowing/windowing.a build/view/view.a build/utils/utils.a build/threads/threads.a build/storage/storage.a build/rendering/rendering.a build/programs/programs.a build/powermanagement/powermanagement.a build/playlists/playlists.a build/platform/platform_common.a build/pictures/pictures.a build/messagingHelpers/messagingHelpers.a build/messaging/messaging.a build/media/media.a build/listproviders/listproviders.a build/input/keyboard/input_keyboard.a build/input/joysticks/generic/input_joystick_generic.a build/input/joysticks/dialogs/input_joystick_dialogs.a build/input/joysticks/input_joystick.a build/input/input.a build/guilib/guilib.a build/epg/epg.a build/dialogs/dialogs.a build/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a build/commons/commons.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_PVR/api1AddonCallbacks_PVR.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Peripheral/api1AddonCallbacks_Peripheral.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_InputStream/api1AddonCallbacks_InputStream.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_GUI/api1AddonCallbacks_GUI.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Codec/api1AddonCallbacks_Codec.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioEngine/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioEngine.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioDSP/api1AddonCallbacks_AudioDSP.a build/api1AddonCallbacks_Addon/api1AddonCallbacks_Addon.a build/addonsBinaryInterfaces/addonsBinaryInterfaces.a build/addons/addons.a build/xbmc/xbmc.a build/settings/windows/settings_windows.a build/settings/lib/settings_lib.a build/settings/dialogs/settings_dialogs.a build/settings/settings.a build/pvr/windows/pvr_windows.a build/pvr/timers/pvr_timers.a build/pvr/recordings/pvr_recordings.a build/pvr/dialogs/pvr_dialogs.a build/pvr/channels/pvr_channels.a build/pvr/addons/pvr_addons.a build/pvr/pvr.a build/profiles/windows/profiles_windows.a build/profiles/dialogs/profiles_dialogs.a build/profiles/profiles.a build/peripherals/dialogs/peripherals_dialogs.a build/peripherals/devices/peripherals_devices.a build/peripherals/bus/virtual/peripheral_bus_virtual.a build/peripherals/bus/peripherals_bus.a build/peripherals/addons/peripherals_addons.a build/peripherals/peripherals.a build/network/websocket/network_websockets.a build/network/network.a build/music/windows/music_windows.a build/music/tags/music_tags.a build/music/infoscanner/music_infoscanner.a build/music/dialogs/music_dialogs.a build/music/music.a build/interfaces/python/python_interface.a build/interfaces/legacy/wsgi/legacy_interface_wsgi.a build/interfaces/legacy/legacy_interface.a build/interfaces/json-rpc/jsonrpc_interface.a build/interfaces/info/info_interface.a build/interfaces/generic/generic_interface.a build/interfaces/builtins/interfaces_builtins.a build/interfaces/interfaces.a build/games/controllers/windows/games_controller_windows.a build/games/controllers/guicontrols/games_controller_guicontrols.a build/games/controllers/dialogs/games_controller_dialogs.a build/games/controllers/games_controller.a build/games/games.a build/filesystem/musicdatabase/musicdatabasedirectory.a build/filesystem/videodatabase/videodatabasedirectory.a build/filesystem/filesystem.a build/upnp/libupnp.a build/kissfft/kissfft.a build/events/windows/events_windows.a build/events/events.a build/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a build/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a build/cores/externalplayer/externalplayer.a build/cores/dll-loader/exports/util/exports_utils.a build/cores/dll-loader/exports/dllexports.a build/cores/dll-loader/dllloader.a build/cores/audioengine/audioengine.a build/cores/cores.a build/swig/libpython_binding.a -Wl,-rpath,/opt/vc/lib:
build/guilib/guilib.a: member build/guilib/guilib.a(GUISettingsSliderControl.cpp.o) in archive is not an object
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/build.make:401: recipe for target 'kodi.bin' failed
make[2]: *** [kodi.bin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/xbmc-original/build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:703: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/xbmc-original/build'
Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
The only thing i did other than mentioned in the tutorial: I skipped building and installing libplatform-dev, libcec4-dev, libcrossguid-dev, libbluray-dev and libshairplay-dev (of course I set the related option in the cmake command to off). What went wrongHuh
Did you start from a clean build ? What are the options/switched you defined for the build ?

Do you see any error on the logs above this part you posted ?

Regards Smile
Yes, I started from a fresh Ubuntu installation. For the build I used:
Code:
cmake -DVERBOSE=1 -DCORE_SYSTEM_NAME=rbpi -DENABLE_MMAL=ON -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc -DENABLE_OPENGLES=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DENABLE_AIRTUNES=OFF -DENABLE_ALSA=ON -DENABLE_AVAHI=ON -DENABLE_BLURAY=OFF -DENABLE_CEC=OFF -DENABLE_DBUS=ON -DENABLE_DVDCSS=ON -DENABLE_EGL=ON -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_CROSSGUID=ON -DENABLE_MICROHTTPD=ON -DENABLE_MYSQLCLIENT=ON -DENABLE_NFS=ON -DENABLE_NONFREE=ON -DENABLE_OPENSSL=ON -DENABLE_OPTICAL=ON -DENABLE_PULSEAUDIO=ON -DENABLE_SMBCLIENT=ON -DENABLE_SSH=ON -DENABLE_UDEV=ON -DENABLE_UPNP=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF -DENABLE_X11=OFF -DENABLE_XSLT=ON -DENABLE_LIRC=ON -DCPACK_GENERATOR=DEB -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION=1~ -DDEB_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE=armhf ../project/cmake/
There were no error logs until the one I posted... Thanks for helping!
Nothing obvious pops out Sad

Which branch/repo are you using to compile and which Raspbian version do you have on the chroot env ?
Im am doing
Code:
git clone -b Krypton https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
Raspbian version is the most recent one after setting up the chroot environment (raspbian jessie).
Would you mind trying with this repo:

git clone -b krypton_new https://github.com/PIPplware/xbmc.git ? Smile

I just want to rule out an issue with the repo as I can't test on a chroot environment now.
No idea why, but I started again from scratch with the original repo, and this time everything went well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when compiling latest Kodi für Raspberry 20