Android s905 Won't pass video through Receiver
I have a Denon AVR-1913 receiver which has had a WD TV device hooked up to one of the HDMI inputs for a long time.

I recently bought an S905 device which is exhibiting strange behavior. If I hook the device up to the TV, it works fine. If I hook it up through the receiver I get 'no video'. If I replug the WD TV device back in the WD device works.

I have gone into settings and lowered the resolution to 720p thinking that might be the problem - nothing changed.

Am I overlooking something easy or does my device simply not want to play nicely?

Thanks for the help.

Andrew
It will be a HDMI Handshaking issue - very likely a HotPlug problem where the S905 does not actually properly detect there is a HDMI connection to the AVR and refuses to send out video. And I would say the culprit is the usual poor AML Android Firmware on this cheap device.

There are Kernel patches used for AMLogic S905 LibreELEC Kodi to force video output regardless of HotPlug detection status. I suggest you use LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis or Krypton from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 SD card to workaround the problem:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
s905 Won't pass video through Receiver0