v17 CodecInfo vs. PlayerProcessInfo
(2017-03-26, 19:03)Jeffers24 Wrote: On Kodi 17.0 display playerdebug worked fine for me, on Kodi 17.1 no longer works, hence my question.
Still working here, you might want to check your keymap again Smile
(2017-03-26, 19:03)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 18:58)raspberry_pd Wrote: Not sure if this means anything:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L349

On Kodi 17.0 display playerdebug worked fine for me, on Kodi 17.1 no longer works, hence my question.

Sure and fair enough.

AFAIK that link represents the current default keyboard mapping for Ctrl + Shift + o (note the lower case, may be relevant, may not?) ... is mapped to the PlayerDebug function when Kodi is in FullScreenVideo mode.

Most people here have been talking about the output of the old CodecInfo function in comparison to the new PlayerProcessInfo function which has taken over from CodecInfo and on keyboards is mapped to the o key ...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L348

by default when Kodi is in FullScreenVideo mode.

It would seem your scenario is perhaps more a key mapping query than strictly the differences between the output of the CodecInfo and PlayerProcessInfo functions.

Maybe you could copy your keymap files to pastebin and someone might be able to help?

Best of luck.
(2017-03-27, 13:22)raspberry_pd Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 19:03)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 18:58)raspberry_pd Wrote: Not sure if this means anything:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L349

On Kodi 17.0 display playerdebug worked fine for me, on Kodi 17.1 no longer works, hence my question.

Sure and fair enough.

AFAIK that link represents the current default keyboard mapping for Ctrl + Shift + o (note the lower case, may be relevant, may not?) ... is mapped to the PlayerDebug function when Kodi is in FullScreenVideo mode.

Most people here have been talking about the output of the old CodecInfo function in comparison to the new PlayerProcessInfo function which has taken over from CodecInfo and on keyboards is mapped to the o key ...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L348

by default when Kodi is in FullScreenVideo mode.

It would seem your scenario is perhaps more a key mapping query than strictly the differences between the output of the CodecInfo and PlayerProcessInfo functions.

Maybe you could copy your keymap files to pastebin and someone might be able to help?

Best of luck.

I may be wrong but I don't believe this is a keymap issue as my keymap worked in Kodi1 7.0 and displayed the PlayerDebug info consistently. But has stopped working in Kodi 17.1, pressing the P key results in no action.

To access the information I used to find useful in the Codec information in Kodi 16.1 I have to press two keys, no big deal.

My reason for posting is to get help on understanding why my unchanged keymap is not working in Kodi 17.1, and what I need to do to fix it?

The relevant bit in my keymap is, the PlayerDebug which was from another thread:-

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61656">codecinfo</key> "Four Lines Button"
<key id="61520">PlayerDebug</key> "P Key"
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
(2017-03-27, 15:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: I may be wrong but I don't believe this is a keymap issue as my keymap worked in Kodi1 7.0 and displayed the PlayerDebug info consistently. But has stopped working in Kodi 17.1, pressing the P key results in no action.

To access the information I used to find useful in the Codec information in Kodi 16.1 I have to press two keys, no big deal.

My reason for posting is to get help on understanding why my unchanged keymap is not working in Kodi 17.1, and what I need to do to fix it?

The relevant bit in my keymap is, the PlayerDebug which was from another thread:-

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

What do the id attributes relate to?

FWIW, I'm not aware of what PlayerDebug does. I remember what CodecInfo, I'm assuming, looked like. PlayerProcessInfo appears to be an attempt to prodice similar information.

Do you have a screenshot of what you see when PlayerDebug runs? I'd like to see it for my own education, that's all.
(2017-03-27, 16:25)raspberry_pd Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 15:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: I may be wrong but I don't believe this is a keymap issue as my keymap worked in Kodi1 7.0 and displayed the PlayerDebug info consistently. But has stopped working in Kodi 17.1, pressing the P key results in no action.

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

What do the id attributes relate to?

FWIW, I'm not aware of what PlayerDebug does. I remember what CodecInfo, I'm assuming, looked like. PlayerProcessInfo appears to be an attempt to prodice similar information.

Do you have a screenshot of what you see when PlayerDebug runs? I'd like to see it for my own education, that's all.

There's a picture here of playerdebug display:-

http://209.105.237.146/showthread.php?ti...pid2520489

What do the id attributes relate to? They are the values generated by the 4 lines key and the p key on my remote.

In Kodi 17.0 the information I used in the Codec display has been split over two displays, PlayerProcessinfo and PlayerDebug. Both options worked for me in Kodi17.0.

In Kodi 17.1, when I press the p key on my remote nothing is displayed!
The first step would be to turn on debug logging and examine kodi.log after trying your keys. Kodi logs what key is pressed and what action is executed.

scott s.
(2017-02-11, 02:03)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Ok so it seems there is a way to get most of the info back. It's in DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml

The skin i am using doesn't have one and for some reason, the one in Estuary wasn't working when i tried.

I have modded the one from Rapier for Aeon MadNox and have workarounds for some of the bugs so i guess i will stick with Kodi 17 for now Smile

Is it possible to add the information I get from ctrl+shift+o in to this window so I have it all in one place? I really like this mod, but I also want audio and video bitrate in the same info screen.
(2017-05-01, 13:23)svortevik Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 02:03)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Ok so it seems there is a way to get most of the info back. It's in DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml

The skin i am using doesn't have one and for some reason, the one in Estuary wasn't working when i tried.

I have modded the one from Rapier for Aeon MadNox and have workarounds for some of the bugs so i guess i will stick with Kodi 17 for now Smile

Is it possible to add the information I get from ctrl+shift+o in to this window so I have it all in one place? I really like this mod, but I also want audio and video bitrate in the same info screen.

Unfortunately, there are no InfoLabels available to the skinning engine to display these. You need to do a Feature Request with the Kodi developers.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Is there a way to remap CTRL SHIFT D and O to a different set of keystrokes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CodecInfo vs. PlayerProcessInfo1