Krypton & Xbox 360 wireless controller.
Dear community members,

I am running into an issue that I cannot address on my own an would appreciate any guidelines/tips. Setup is RPI2 with OSMC Krypton, however I believe this is distro-independant issue as I read about a lot of problems with kodi and xbox wireless controllers on various kodi distributions. Prior to the v17 upgrade I was using xboxdrv added to /etc/rc.local which seemed to be working quite unreliable. On top of that I had xpad blacklisted under /etc/modprobe.d . It was sometimes working, sometimes not, it was hard to determine what the actual issue might be.

After the upgrade to Krypton I gave it another go. I removed the entries from both rc.local and blacklist and voila, the controller is working, sort of. The kodi seems to sees the receiver at all times, I can tell by lsusb that it is detected:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 045e:0719 Microsoft Corp. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Unfortunatelly the behavior with the controller is as follows:

Upon pressing the guide the diagonal leds keep blinking (1 & 3 then 2 & 4) all the time. From time to time all 4 leds are blinking then it changes back to diagonal blinking. At this stage I can control both kodi and retrosmc with the pad, the blinking is annoying but I could live with it. After approximately 3-4 minutes the leds just go dead and the controller stops responding. If I press the guide button to bring it back the above repeats, so I can control the menus and games for another 3-4 minutes.

Where to start troubleshooting? It seems that neither xpad or xboxdrv is used in krypton, ps -aux lists neither of them. Please let me know which logs I can provide to push this forward.

PS1) I'm using a 2A galaxy S5 charger. This supply was steady enough to provide power for toshiba HDD that none of the previous PSUs could so I think its doubtful that this would be a PSU originating problem problem (HDD is removed already).

PS2) max_usb_current = 1 was added in config, txt however in the kodi.log it does not appear to be listed:

16:25:15.323 T:1958249392 NOTICE: Config:
arm_freq=1000
audio_pwm_mode=1
avoid_warnings=1
config_hdmi_boost=5
core_freq=500
disable_commandline_tags=2
disable_l2cache=1
disable_splash=1
enable_uart=1
force_eeprom_read=1
force_pwm_open=1
framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
framebuffer_swap=1
hdmi_channel_map=8
hdmi_force_cec_address=65535
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
init_uart_clock=0x2dc6c00
lcd_framerate=60
over_voltage=2
over_voltage_avs=0x1b774
over_voltage_avs_boost=0x16e36
over_voltage_sdram_p=2
overscan_scale=1
pause_burst_frames=1
program_serial_random=1
sdram_freq=500
sdtv_aspect=3
sdtv_mode=2
temp_limit=85

PS3) Funny thing is that once it goes down, if I press the guide button in emulationstation it opens up the options menu immidiately, just like everything is perfectly fine and it just waits for me pressing the button (I would presume it takes like half a second or so to pair with the receiver and transmit the keystroke)

Appreciate your help, I'd love to get to those PSX jRPGs finally Sad

FINAL:

Replaced the damn batteries which seem to resolved the issue. All 4 leds are blinking each 1 sec but besides that all is good....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton & Xbox 360 wireless controller.0