Solved Season landscapes problem
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem calling the season landscape/fanart images.
nothing appears
I've tried this code
PHP Code:
<variable name="FanartImage">
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(landscape))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + !Container.Content(episodes) + !Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb)">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
        <
value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </
variable

and this code
PHP Code:
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.fanart)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + !Container.Content(episodes) + !Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <
        <
    </
variable

The files are named seasonxx-landscape.jpg (even change to seasonx-landscape.jpg)
Renamed one of them seasonxx-fanart.jpg, it doesn't work either.
I used a similar approach on the posters and banners and worked like a charm with them
PHP Code:
<variable name="BannerImage">
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItemr.Art(season.banner))">$INFO[ListItemr.Art(season.banner)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner)) + !Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(banner))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</value>
        <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <
        <
    </
variable

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance
Best Regards
I'm making some tests and I'm using this
PHP Code:
<
value>$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath]Season03-landscape.jpg</value>
 </variable>  
I know for a fact that I have a season03-landscape.jpg on D:\TVshows\Game of Thrones (2011). How can this not work? This image should appear in all the season thumbs (level were we choose the season)

EDIT - Solved the problem with this

PHP Code:
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,season0,-landscape.jpg]</value

How can I make a condition to see it the file actually exists?

I would love to know who can I use the season fanart feature.
Best regards
make a label with an id, then check that label ends in .jpg
The first and second are the ideal options*, grabbing artwork by name from Kodi's library, but your problem is likely that the image isn't in it. When Kodi scans a new item or an existing item is refreshed, it adds only basic artwork (poster, fanart, banners for TV shows and seasons). Refreshing the TV show should get the fanart image to be available, at least. You can set other artwork manually in Kodi with "Choose Art". The go-to add-on to insert additional artwork for skin access without all the manual work is Artwork Downloader, but it doesn't set season artwork in the Kodi library, so it's not going to help you here. An alternative add-on that does set season artwork is Artwork Beef, which I have been working on.

The first block of code will show the landscape directly from the focused item. The second will only show the season fanart if the currently focused item is an episode (or a plugin set "season.fanart" on the focused item), but if you remove the !Container.Content(seasons) from its second value it will also show the fanart for the currently focused season.

* This feature of Kodi allows end users to store artwork elsewhere, use URLs to web services and let Kodi handle caching, or any other fantastical thing that Kodi can access and cache. Skins can check for an image with the same `IsEmpty()` used for other InfoLabels.
@rmrector with artwork downloader I can download the landcapes but it doesn't have season fanarts as you said. The landscape images should work. its named correctly and I'm using the right infolabel. maybe that s why I don't see any skin working either with landscapes or season fanarts. with the $INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)] and your addon the season landscapes didn't work either

@badaas I don't know how to do it or maybe I didin't understand what I need to do.
as you see, if I use the third option, I already have the label/ value ending in jpg, even if the file doesn't exist.

Thanks for the help

EDIT - already rescan and the landscape season images don't work with the $INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)], only works for the tvshow
Tested some things, and I found that the ListItem.Art(poster) and Listitem.Art(banner) can show season poster and banners at a season level. I was using season.poster and season.banner. it works too but its code that I don't need for what I'm doing. However the listitem.Art(landscape) can't show season landscapes at a season level. don't know if this last one always worked this way or is some recent bug.
http://kodi.wiki/view/artwork - looking at this, and as far I understand, kodi doesn't support season landscapes.

Fanart images are already working, I had to refresh the tvshow
The landscape is not basic so you have to use artwork downloader to get it added to the library data base then use skin helper to pull or use a custom code. I will check later for the actual code not at PC now
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Skins can definitely (it was implemented back in Kodi 12-14, but I have recent experience with Jarvis and Krypton) display a landscape image attached to a season the same as any other artwork attached to most other media items in the Kodi video database/library. Skin helper is not needed for skins to display this artwork once it is in the database. That wiki page shows that Kodi won't import the landscape image itself, but it is very out of date and doesn't mention that Kodi does support freely-named artwork (landscape, clearlogo, handyman, etc) for seasons. They just have to be set in other ways; either manually via GUI or JSON-RPC, which add-ons and external applications can use.

Adding the following line to Estuary before this line is enough to display the season landscape image from the database in place of the season poster in the basic List view:
Code:
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Art(landscape))">$INFO[Listitem.Art(landscape)]</value>

Screenshot of result

The problem you are likely seeing is that the image is not in the database (it's not enough for the file to be in the right place, it must be placed in the database). To avoid any additional complications from add-ons, try setting artwork manually for a few test seasons directly in Kodi. To do this, open the context menu for a season in the video library and select "Manage...", then "Choose art", and check that a landscape image is visible. If not, you can set it manually from here.

My latest update to Artwork Beef did break the functionality of setting season artwork. I will have that fixed up soon. Edit: fixed in version 0.9.1.
With a refresh, the season fanarts appeared so, the season landscapes should appear to. And the season fanarts weren't set by any addon, (artwork downloader doesn't download season fanarts. I will try the estuary with that line.

EDIT1 - Added the landscape image on the "Manage" and it appear. my problem with this is that if I have 10 tvshows with 10 series I have to do this 100 times... I don't understand why kodi imported all the artwork but the landscapes automatically

EDIT2- with the "artwork beef" doesn't work. It says that downloaded x number of artwork but doesn't appear any. if I choose season by season, with the artwork beef it says that downloaded the artwork but when I manage again the landscape is empty.
Kodi only imports basic artwork (poster, fanart, banner) itself, the rest has to be added some other way. This is the way Kodi has worked since the introduction of the extended artwork. The implementation deep in Kodi code has made this a tougher problem to solve.

Manually choosing artwork narrowed down the problem you were having, but I don't suggest it for the long run. The go-to option to add extended artwork in Kodi has been Artwork Downloader, but it doesn't fully support season artwork.

For Artwork Beef, did you install the newest version 0.9.1? I had broken season artwork in 0.9.0 but fixed it in 0.9.1 last night.
(2017-02-12, 21:57)rmrector Wrote: Kodi only imports basic artwork (poster, fanart, banner) itself, the rest has to be added some other way. This is the way Kodi has worked since the introduction of the extended artwork. The implementation deep in Kodi code has made this a tougher problem to solve.

Manually choosing artwork narrowed down the problem you were having, but I don't suggest it for the long run. The go-to option to add extended artwork in Kodi has been Artwork Downloader, but it doesn't fully support season artwork.

For Artwork Beef, did you install the newest version 0.9.1? I had broken season artwork in 0.9.0 but fixed it in 0.9.1 last night.
I didn't need to add clearlogos or character art or clear arts, it added automatically. maybe the artwork downloader as an issue with the landscapes.
About the artwork beef, now it worked. added the landscapes images and downloaded season fanarts. Were does artwork beef stores the artwork?

Thanks for all the help and the artwork beef addon
Artwork Beef doesn't store artwork files itself but updates Kodi's database/library with existing local paths and/or URLs to artwork, then Kodi handles downloading and storage to its thumbnail cache when the image is displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season landscapes problem0