Transitions between views - best option
I've found that animations involving visibility don't seem to work when transitioning between two view types. This just leaves me with an abrupt change as one view becomes hidden and the other becomes visible. Is there any way around that?
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
My views are setup like this, and the animations fire when switching views.

Code:
<include name="View_500_Wall">
     <control type="group">
          <visible>Control.IsVisible(500) + !$EXP[isInfoDialog]</visible>
          <include>Animation.Common</include>
     </control>
</include>

I always have the opposite problem. I find it difficult to get animations to work when changing content within a single view. For example, moving between tv shows, seasons, and episodes. In that case window open/close animations don't work and it's not easy to get visible/hidden to work either.
@djh_ - Yeah if you put the list inside a group and use a Control.IsVisible(LISTID) visible condition for the whole group, then it should animate when changing between views.

@braz - This annoys me too! I figured out a hacky workaround. If you put your viewtypes in includes that use PARAMs to set ID and view visibility then you can create different ids for the different library levels with minimal extra code (means you need 3 ids for each view though).
e.g. have list 50 for movies, tvshows and artists container.content, then list 51 for seasons and albums and list 52 for episodes and songs -- that way the visibility changes when going between library levels. You might also need one for Container.Content() for the base library node also (so probably need 4 ids for the basic list view).
Though it might be better to use 500 id range for consistency (e.g. list 50, 500, 510, then say icons 52, 502, 512 etc.)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey

I'm guessing movie sets would likely also need its own ID with that implementation. I thought about doing something similar but gave up on actually doing it. I have art packs for the countries and studio nodes, plus there's movie/tv actors. To make it consistent I'd probably have to have one ID for Container.Content() and then another ID for all those misc ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transitions between views - best option0