Kodi 17 Krypton - Unable to play videos
Hello all,

New to the forum here. Looking for some help. I have 5 completely different PCs. All running Linux Mint 17.3 with Kodi 16.1, beautifully I might add. I have updated the 3 newest PCs with Kodi 17. All 3 PCs have the same issue. None will play videos properly. Of any kind. The audio starts out fine but the video struggles to catch up. The audio soon becomes distorted and Kodi freezes. It doesn't crash, just freezes. I have to force it to shut down. I was able to find help in reverting back to kodi 16.1, which I tried on 2 of the 3 updated PCs and had no issues. Videos play fine, everything else seems fine. One of the PCs is used completely for testing so I formatted it completely, installed Mint 17.3, ran updates, installed Kodi 17, and same video issue occurs. Is any one else having issues playing anything??

Appreciate any help or suggestions Smile
I was getting no video playback on upgrade either. Going into Settings > Player > Videos and switching off 'Allow hardware acceleration - VAAPI' appears to have fixed it though.
OK I tried that, and fail. Still having the same issue. Changing that setting doesn't seem to make any difference to video playback. Thank you for your suggestion.
Debug Log
I'm also having the same problems. The computer completely freezes up and I have to hard reset(hold the power button down till it turns off). I had everything working fine with Jarvis. I tried turning off VAAPI but it doesn't make a difference.
No you don't. You are just one of these that can't post their Debug Log ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My apologies but I do not have a debug log to post otherwise I would have included it. There is no debug log. Kodi doesn't crash and give an error report. It simply freezes and I have to force quit.
I would love to post a debug log, but the program makes the computer useless that I have to completely turn off the computer. Just like adamleander says, it's not crashing, it simply freezes and I have to force quit.
(2017-02-11, 18:09)adamleander Wrote: My apologies but I do not have a debug log to post otherwise I would have included it. There is no debug log. Kodi doesn't crash and give an error report. It simply freezes and I have to force quit.

Post the Debug Log before playing anything.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK I think I got what you wanted. Please forgive me if I did something wrong as this is my first attempt. My debug log is uploaded here:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23974963

I configured the debugger, and was actually able to attempt to play an episode and stop it again before Kodi crashed. So hopefully I captured some useful information for you. Thank you so much for trying to help me, I really appreciate this.
The log looks okay.

That being said, the Q35 GPU you are using is not supported by us.
Fair enough LOL Does that mean my hardware just isn't supported by Kodi 17 and I should just continue running Kodi 16.1? Because 16.1 runs beautifully on that PC. Videos play smooth as silk. So the GPU was supported. Curious as to why you stopped supporting it.
Basically you had luck that Jarvis worked on it ... Btw. what do you see on screen when you play a video? Is it just completely black?
No no it's not completely black. It really does try to play it. The picture updates every couple of seconds and you can tell what you're watching, its just terribly slow and out of sync with the audio. I tried several A/V file types, even a DVD. They all do the same thing.
No idea - please try a LibreELEC 7.95.2 from USB stick and see if the issue exists also there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Krypton - Unable to play videos0