Ability to click anywhere on the screen to pause the movie ...
Ability to click anywhere on the screen to pause the movie, instead of having to fumble with the pause button at the bottom of the screen. Youtube has it.

Thanks
Who do I have to bribe to have this done?
No-one.

You posted in Feature Request. The developers will have already read your original post. As there is no response in 5 months, I would hazard a guess and say they consider it not a viable modification.

Remember Kodi is designed as a 10ft interface, which means using a Remote Control. It was not primarily designed to be used sitting at a desk with keyboard and mouse.

You might want to check some skins, see if it is implemented at the skin level. Start off with eTouchy.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I tried eTouchy, but it didn't have this function. Besides, I prefer Confluence.

I'm sitting in a recliner 10 feet away from a 117" projector screen and I have a computer connected to a projector. I use it for Kodi when watching movies on discs and HDD, and also when streaming.
Ok, the only thing missing is the remote control.

I have a 65 inch screen. The recliners are about 7 ft from the screen. I have a home build computer attached via HDMI. I use a remote control and I have no problems. It is very rare that I need to use the wireless keyboard.

Give the remote control some consideration. On Amazon they sell for $8 for an RC6 remote control
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Presumably you could do this using Keymap Editor. FullScreen Video->Play/Pause mapped to your mouse key should do it. You'd have to map another key to bring up the OSD though if you need it.
This is little embarrassing, but I'm using a Logitech gaming mouse which has this paus function as an option. I didn't know since I never changed the button functions out of the box.

Thanks FXB78.
Karellen, I also use it to read news online and now I'm using it to write this comment. I feel a remote is too limited.

We are both probably sitting too close to the screens. When I lean forward I can see the screen-door effect. I'm patiently waiting for 4K projector prices to drop another 50%, then I'll buy one and move my recliner even closer.
Quote:We are both probably sitting too close to the screens
Yes, so I have heard many times from friends and family. But, these are recommended distances... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HD...mum_ranges

Sure, if you are using the HTPC for other purposes you will need a keyboard and mouse.

Glad to hear you repurposed one of the buttons Smile
My Signature
If you have a keyboard to hand, the space bar is also pause. That's what I use

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to click anywhere on the screen to pause the movie ...0