v17 If DXVA is disabled, then sometimes no video is shown, but audio is playing
Hi there,
I discovered that v17 final sometimes doesn't display videostream but audio is playing when DXVA2 hardware acceleration is disabled by user for his/her reasons.

-> Black screen and display statistics say vq: 0 % which should be over 90 percent. If I then press x on keyboard to stop playback and press enter to play the same file again it sometimes works.
Debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread requested.
Sorry for the late reply, having so much to do right now, but here is a log which i created right now, because it did happen, then I enabled debug logging, but had to do several attempts to have this issue.

I just noticed ,that sometimes (very rare) sound is playing for a part of a second when refresh rate is switching, but it shouldn't because I set up delay timer.
Probably it has to do with screensaver, because it did happen to me right now when I tried this.

Here is the log (quite big one)
The problem mentioned in the title of this thread occurs when playing "Style"
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing
Looking at your gfx card specs compared to my 8 year old gfx card http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-5770-v...ce-GTX-660 and I'm not surprised at all by the performance; hardware acceleration on this card is not working. Check this wiki HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) and pick one of the examples (note Krypton 17) and put that in an advanced settings file. I would say try this after you have renamed your playercorefactory.xml and see what that does for you. Failing that re-instate your playercorefactory.xml with one of the more popular external players.
I think I don't get what I have to do.

The problem occurs if I disable DXVA in Kodi settings.

If DXVA is enabled I don't have an issue.

(2017-02-24, 22:56)PatK Wrote: hardware acceleration on this card is not working.

Yes, it is not working because I disabled it.
Quote:If DXVA is enabled I don't have an issue.

humm..
??
please, try with Software render method..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If DXVA is disabled, then sometimes no video is shown, but audio is playing1