v17 Posters not loaded from cache in movie info dialog
Hi!

Since the update to Kodi 17 on my Raspberry Pi 2 it seems posters are not loaded from the thumbnail cache anymore if i show the details for a single movie. In the list view with all movies the posters are loaded correctly when i scroll down. Fanarts are shown both in the list view and in the movie details dialog. That means all posters are missing in details view until my external harddrive with the movies is powered on.

Here are the corresponding lines in the debug log:

Code:
10:46:44.066 T:1958478768   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogVideoInfo.xml) ------
10:46:44.081 T:1958478768   ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile /media/MOVIES_EXT/### MOVIES ###/Diverse/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)-poster.jpg not found
10:46:44.081 T:1958478768  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load /media/MOVIES_EXT/### MOVIES ###/Diverse/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)-poster.jpg
10:46:44.135 T:1726034928  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: WatchedList Database Service starting...
10:46:44.139 T:1726034928   DEBUG: service.watchedlist: data_dir() = /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.watchedlist/

It seems that Kodi ignores the cachedurl in Textures13.db. This url is set in the database and the files exist in the Thumbnails-Folder too.

Is that a known bug of Kodi 17 or can I change that behaviour somewhere in Kodi? In Kodi 16 I never had such a problem...
Can I just get this clear: "/media/MOVIES_EXT/### MOVIES ###/Diverse/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)/Asterix im Land der Götter (2014)-poster.jpg" is failing to open because the hard drive is deliberately not powered on, so you are happy with that behaviour.
But you believe as that location is in the thumbnail cache then it should be fetched from the the cache and so not require the hard disk?
Exactly! In Kodi 16 posters and fanarts were always shown regardless of my hard disk powered on or not. Since the update to Kodi 17 posters are not shown in movie detail view if the hard disk is powered off. And the thumbnail cache seems ok for me...
Solved the issue now! I Changed the default skin Estuary:

DialogVideoInfo.xml

Before:

<control type="image">
<depth>DepthContentPopout</depth>
<left>4</left>
<top>4</top>
<width>526</width>
<height>801</height>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<texture fallback="DefaultVideo.png">$VAR[InfoDialogPosterVar]</texture>
</control>

After:

<control type="image">
<depth>DepthContentPopout</depth>
<left>4</left>
<top>4</top>
<width>526</width>
<height>801</height>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
<texture fallback="DefaultVideo.png" background="true">$VAR[InfoDialogPosterVar]</texture>
</control>

Now the poster is shown always and it doesn't matter if the external hard disk is plugged in or not... Smile
(2017-02-18, 20:47)bertel333 Wrote: Now the poster is shown always and it doesn't matter if the external hard disk is plugged in or not... Smile

You made two changes - are both required?
No, only the second change is required. I only changed the aspectratio because otherwise the poster gets clipped in some cases...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters not loaded from cache in movie info dialog0