Problem after a night of idle
I noticed this morning, and have seen this a few other times, that I've lost all connections to my Pi during the night.
When I try to start LiveTV I get channel not available, and only spinning circle when I try to start any other video. And can't connect with SSH.

I have external USB Wifi attached, and it shows activity.

I checked the connection screen, and it says online and a IP address. If I disconnect and reconnect I can play video and use SSH, but still not LiveTV. Need to reboot.

But how can I figure out why this happens?
Can you repeat test with ethernet connection?
Would be useful to work out if this is just a wifi issue or something else is going down.
I have been using ethernet for a few days now and haven't seen this problem again. Will try again with Wifi and see if it comes back.
Never got around to switch to Wifi, and now it happened on ethernet. No network connection with the Pi3, had to reboot. But been a few days since I updated so maybe this is a problem that has been fixed in later builds?
The log file is very big, so I have zipped it and share it on my Dropbox account for a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whd8jgnwarob0l...g.zip?dl=0
Has anyone looked at the log? Anything useful or should I just reboot when it happens.
If you rebooted you need to upload your kodi.old.log as that's the log which will have any messages relating to loss of network. However it would also be useful to see the system log (journalctl -a) but that's not retained across reboots, so accessing it without a network is tricky (it will be retained if you add "debugging" to /flash/cmdline.txt).

Losing the network entirely is unusual, however, and might suggest a power issue.

You could try running "bcmstat.sh Zyxgd10" in an ssh session and leave it running, as it will record any under-voltage/frequency cap/throttle events which might confirm a power issue. A "u" in the "U" column will be present when an under-voltage event has occurred (voltage < 4.63v, Pi will be throttled). Similarly, an "f" in the "F" column (Pi will be frequency capped whenever temperature > 80C, or over-temperature occurs when temp > 85C and Pi will be throttled), and "t" in the "T" column (Pi has been throttled).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That is the old log, I just renamed it so it wouldn't be overwritten if I had to reboot again.

I use the power supply that I bought with the Pi3. The "Official Raspberry Pi 3 Universal Power Supply" from thepihut.com. I would hope that it is enough for the Pi3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem after a night of idle0