Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial
Mix: lubuntu

Kodi: 17 (was 16, but got auto-updated)
TV Headend: 4.0.9~vivid

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz
Video: VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
RAM: 8G

TVHeadend server on this machine.

Playback of recorded TV was working well under 16, however after the auto update to 17, Recorded TV now has audio, but video is just a black screen. As the playback begins (<0.5 sec into it) there is a flash of a green screen, but black after this.

This is true for Live TV, Recorded TV via the "TV" section, and playing the recorded TV files (.ts files) via "Videos" (Samba share).

Recordings for Australia (DVB-T).

No errors are thrown in the logs that I can see.

Any idea what would be causing this? I had to force a rollback to Kodi 15.2 to get it to work (mostly as I couldn't find a 16 to install from the ppa)

Also any way to get back to 16?
Freefall_99, did you ever get this resolved?

I have the same issue. Using Jarvis it worked flawlessly. After performing a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 and Krypton, I can only play audio only from live or recorded TV from the Tvheadend client PC. I can play live TV and recorded files from the server PC in Kodi, also a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 and Krypton. My TV can play the recorded TV files using dlna share.

I would be happy to provide any technical details to help resolve this issue.
Which container format are you using? I have only been able to get TS containers with a transcode profile of passing all codecs to work. While this is essentially the same using the 'pass' profile, pass profile wouldn't work.
.ts is the recorded format.

Are you referring to the "Stream Profiles" under Configuration of TVheadend?
Seems this a bug.
https://tvheadend.org/issues/4423
https://www.tvheadend.org/issues/4405

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio, but Blank Screen0