Linux Upgrading to Kodi 17 with Kodibuntu
I want to upgrade from 16.x to 17. I've previously been using Kodibuntu. Now that it's been discontinued, what fork of kodi is recommended? Furthermore, if linux, which distro? My experience installing new OS's is limited but I can follow instructions.
Check out this howto: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955
(2017-02-12, 20:58)maple603 Wrote: I want to upgrade from 16.x to 17. I've previously been using Kodibuntu. Now that it's been discontinued, what fork of kodi is recommended? Furthermore, if linux, which distro? My experience installing new OS's is limited but I can follow instructions.

I'm also using kodibuntu based on 14.04 and have upgraded successfully to ver. 17.0.

Go to the terminal and issue the following commands one at a time:

- sudo apt-get update [enter password when prompted]
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade [this may upgrade other packages too but your system will be up to date]
(2017-02-13, 20:05)n4kk Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 20:58)maple603 Wrote: I want to upgrade from 16.x to 17. I've previously been using Kodibuntu. Now that it's been discontinued, what fork of kodi is recommended? Furthermore, if linux, which distro? My experience installing new OS's is limited but I can follow instructions.

I'm also using kodibuntu based on 14.04 and have upgraded successfully to ver. 17.0.

Go to the terminal and issue the following commands one at a time:

- sudo apt-get update [enter password when prompted]
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade [this may upgrade other packages too but your system will be up to date]

You're golden friend! Thanks heaps!
Never knew it would be so easy haha!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to Kodi 17 with Kodibuntu0