mp3 download script
updated...

irc download script v0.1.4

now it looks pretty, and it's skinnable too! default skin's images are stolen from foood's icons (www.foood.net) Smile

click on "launch.py" to start the script (or to show it if it's hidden)

you can get it here for now, i'll upload to the download site when i've added stats and some more gfx

screenshot 1
screenshot 2
screenshot 3
screenshot 4

todo:
speed calculations
stats (just gotta have stats!Wink
...suggestions?
that is fantastic, i got it to download a complete song. great work, be nice to see the exit bug fixed.

i believe the fatx character limit is 41.
update:
send is currently broken (list, files Sad)
odd filenames are partly fixed
exit bug fixed (well sort of)
less crashes
still lots to do... Smile

snaps:
<snipped>
cool script! anyway of knowing what speed or how much of a song is downloaded?
good work mate! this is gonna be a cracker  Image

i was looking for a way to make the screen that the script brings up fit my tv better. i'm not sure if its a pal/ntsc thing but at the moment its too big and i can't see the messages that come up at the bottom ( i tried to reconfigure xbmc to make it fit but the rest of the app is thrown out). any ideas anyone?
thx for the feedback ppl Smile

i'll be writing some more when i get in tonight, but the main priority is to actually make it xbox share the download dir so the script doesnt become a universally despised leeching client like bottler.
i've got the dcc send through nat problem though - so users will need to set up port forwarding in windows internet connection sharing, there will only mean x sends at once, so i'll have to add queues and all that jazz...

dcc resume is not yet implemented

@kaisersose
i'll add (botch) percentage complete and file size to the next version

@gerner
yep i'm afraid it's a ntsc thing, it was made for my pal telly. i'll make the next version use percentages of the screens width/height so it'll work for every resolution.
any news on this?
i'm still playing with it. i got dcc sends through ics working, settings are now in a text file, added more gui (settings, search spy) and moved the code around a bit.

i've been camping and my bro's nicked my vcr so i've got nowhere to plug my xbox in. i'll be running a cable downstairs and testing it as soon as my parents go to bed, but for now i'm working on dcc resume Smile

expect a new version very soon

if any python gurus are reading this...
i'm looking for a way to exit without closing so it runs in the background until it's activated again, but if i run the same script twice it exits instead. if i add a button to the my music screen, i can't reference any of the other controls to set controlup, down, etc - so it can't be pressed. checking to see if a file exists every second when hidden, deleting it if it exists on startup would be sloppy. catching and canceling shutdown would be a good hack if possible... any ideas?
Quote:i'm looking for a way to exit without closing so it runs in the background until it's activated again, but if i run the same script twice it exits instead.
not possible. you can run it in the background but it's not possible to activate it again.
Quote:if i add a button to the my music screen, i can't reference any of the other controls to set controlup, down, etc - so it can't be pressed
known problem, can't do much about it now (will fix it after xbmc 1.0 is released)

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

aww
ah well at least i've got some time to smooth all the bumps out before then.
a new version...

download (run "launch.py" to start)

added:
dcc resume (send and recieve)
dcc queues
runs in background (run "launch.py" to open again)
settings screen (doesn't save settings until "quit" is clicked)

fixed:
dcc send through nat (if ports are forwarded)
controls now resize to fit screen
some crashes fixed

read readme.txt for more info

* bitplane wonders over to the submit script page
download links are dead!!! Image Sad Huh
download links are fixed... almost ready for another version update, just gotta get foood's icons in place and mess around with the gui
updated again Smile
fantastic mate! looks lovely and works well. really like the new layout.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mp3 download script0