Android Box with h.265 hardware decoding I am on a budget
(2017-02-14, 06:29)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: gigabit Ethernet would be nice

so basically if I am in the situation where I am going to buy one
then if i have problems install that OS with Kodi and it should work fine... maybe
Given the above and assuming you've devided on a cheapo bear in mind...
= the cheap S905X boxes won't have gigabit ethernet
- S912 boxes won't run libreelec
- cheap S905 boxes are becoming harder to find
- if you get a box you know will work well with libreelec you're covered - but that means spending some time reading.
This might help:

List of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1982.html
(2017-02-14, 14:03)starkman Wrote: This might help:

List of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1982.html

That is a very good link, thanks.
(2017-02-14, 06:43)jakejm79 Wrote: I believe there is a MLBTV addon for Kodi that should allow access with a subscription directly within Kodi so usable with a LE setup.

idk i was using the android plugin for MLB it was pretty cool all you had to buy was a small frosty at Wendys and they gave you a subscription number if you posted a pic to twitter
so I think I found a decent box
this guy from Eastern Europe does reviews on Youtube
the review was ok but in it he pushes some different video through the box in kodi
I was happy to see him actually playing encoded videos in different formats

h.265 seemed to work well in 4k from a variety of sources in different frame rates

I found a USA Dealer and it was $56 free shipping so it was right in the center of my budget range

MOD EDIT There have been enough warnings and notices posted in the last week about "Fully Loaded" Android Kodi boxes.
We do not put up with posting links to YouTube Reviews of such Pirate Kodi devices.
I've even deleted the name of the device so as to not promote such a box.
Consider this a first and last warning about posting such links.

Its a SNIP
It is also in the Kodi Hardware List
I opted for the 2g/8g model
and I will expand the internal storage with a 32g micro sd card since its android 6
hope that works out ok

Here is a link to his review
The video tests start at 10:00 in to the video

SNIP

The guys name is SNIP

Reviewers realy need to do this so we can see what codecs work because
a lot of boxes can play 4k hvec h.265 in a media player but not in Kodi
and what use is that if it can't play it in Kodi if you have a large archive of videos

I am pushing 27,000 videos TV Shows and movies I have been recording for the
last couple years on my Ceton 4 USB Tuner I think i would flip the frick out if I had to
browse them with a file manager or basic video player

Dear Mod don't eat this post if you don't like the YouTube link just remove the link if you must.. thanks
you are a little heavy handed mod.. i don't think that box was marketed as a pirate box.. although they did have issue with Kodi 17 and suggested downgrading to a previous version

I understand your point.. I am a Mod of /r/CordCutters on Reddit and have to ban those boxes and talk about your software almost completely because of the pirate issue but something has to be done so that users can properly make purchases of hardware that supports Kodi.

People shouldn't have to go through this blindly like I did for about a week
watching dozens of videos.. browsing many more pages

And I have been a user of Kodi for over 3 years .. I am not sure when I started but at least 3 years.

I am not holding you accountable for this I am saying someone in the organization needs to put some effort behind this

It gives Kodi a bad name and it gives people like me no reasonable resources...

What about the next guy in my shoes?

What will be the suggestion for them?
Buy a kit to make a Pii... or a $500 Nvidia or buy Mi that doesn't even have an ethernet port?..... and thats it

This site is the primary resource for Kodi and people need to know what devices

This is a serious issue that should be addressed because a huge number of users depend on information and where can they get it then?

no offense.. and like I said .. I brought this up to some of the top developers and even asked for someone to do a AMA on /r/cordcutters to help our almost 200k subscribers find a way to get this stuff done right.... but my requests have gone unnoticed i guess.
(2017-02-17, 21:55)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: you are a little heavy handed mod.. i don't think that box was marketed as a pirate box.. although they did have issue with Kodi 17 and suggested downgrading to a previous version

We do not put up with cross promotion of Pirate "Fully Loaded" Android Kodi box reviews here on the Kodi forum.

Quote:I understand your point.. I am a Mod of /r/CordCutters on Reddit and have to ban those boxes and talk about your software almost completely because of the pirate issue but something has to be done so that users can properly make purchases of hardware that supports Kodi.

Jeez can you not READ ?
We already do !
It's called the (obvious) START HERE hardware thread where devices that actually run Kodi properly are listed. Ones with decent Firmware and ongoing manufacturer support. And warnings given about staying away from dirt cheap Android boxes if you actually want Kodi to run decently.

Quote:People shouldn't have to go through this blindly like I did for about a week
watching dozens of videos.. browsing many more pages

Bloody YouTube point and click generation simply cannot be bothered reading these days and putting any effort in. See the START HERE thread. I don't know how much simpler you can get than a FAQ page.

Reviewing the literally thousands of Android Boxes is completely impossible. Listing Manufacturers that provide ongoing Firmware support to "clean" working Kodi boxes is far more important.

Quote:And I have been a user of Kodi for over 3 years .. I am not sure when I started but at least 3 years.

Well then you have nowhere to hide and should have been fully aware of Kodi Policy on Banned Kodi Addons and cross promotion of Pirate Android Boxes in reviews and direct Webstore links. We have had a ban on such Android Pirate box links in the Budget AMLogic S8xx/S9xx thread for quite a while now. (see page #1)

Quote:I am not holding you accountable for this I am saying someone in the organization needs to put some effort behind this

It gives Kodi a bad name and it gives people like me no reasonable resources...

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing

And you are NOT helping Kodi's cause by posting and then cross promoting such Pirate Box review links.

Quote:What about the next guy in my shoes?

The next guy in your shoes might actually read forum rules and the START HERE thread

Kodi's Official Forum Piracy Policy

Quote:3. All links to pirated content will be removed.

And that includes cross promotion of Android Kodi Pirate devices - boxes a lot of YouTube reviewers get for free from Pirate box sellers.
This forum would be flooded if we allowed such Pirate box link reviews to be posted at all.

Quote:What will be the suggestion for them?
Buy a kit to make a Pii... or a $500 Nvidia or buy Mi that doesn't even have an ethernet port?..... and thats it
So approx. $8 for a known working ASIX chipset - USB > Ethernet adapter is going to break the bank ?

To then enable Ethernet for a superior - $69 Xiaomi Mi Box to run Kodi on compared to all the other budget Android junk out there. A device that actually gets ongoing manufacturer Firmware support (the single most important Android consideration), and is known to run Kodi pretty well. Seems $8 well spent if you ask me.

Suggestion is to Stop swimming in the shallow end of the pool where all the dirt cheap smelly, Android Turds are floating about.
All the adults are actually down the deep end Sipping on Cocktails ! Wink

(And the really smart ones are using devices in dual boot Android / LibreELEC box configurations)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Box with h.265 hardware decoding I am on a budget0