Laoding Kodi on Samsung Smart TV
Hi Kodi Support

How can I load Kodi on my Samsung Smart TV?

I have been able to load Kodi on my Samsung tablets and Samsung S4 mini, and they work fine. I have tried to screen mirror Kodi from my S4 mini to my Samsung smart TV, but the audio is slower than the video, so not working. I have internet access on my smart tv, but still can't seem to be able to get Kodi on the TV. There is no Play Store on the TV, which is where I loaded Kodi from to get it on the other Samsung devices.

What is the easiest and least expensive way to run Kodi on my Samsung Smart TV?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Phillip
You (probably) won't ever be able to load Kodi on the TV.
The cheapest solution is likely to be a RaspBerry Pi system directly connected to an HDMI input on your TV - you can use OSMC, LibreElec ...for the Kodi media player
Derek
(2017-02-13, 10:11)phillipbosh Wrote: Hi Kodi Support

I have been able to load Kodi on my Samsung tablets and Samsung S4 mini, and they work fine. I have tried to screen mirror Kodi from my S4 mini to my Samsung smart TV, but the audio is slower than the video, so not working. I have internet access on my smart tv, but still can't seem to be able to get Kodi on the TV. There is no Play Store on the TV, which is where I loaded Kodi from to get it on the other Samsung devices.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Phillip
Agree..you can't do it unless it's a Android tv.
Buy a Pi, firestick or Android box
(2017-02-13, 11:40)Steve_uk Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 10:11)phillipbosh Wrote: Hi Kodi Support

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Phillip
Agree..you can't do it unless it's a Android tv.
Buy a Pi, firestick or Android box

Just a thought: Samsung has an sdk for building apps on its various devices: mobile phones, gear watches, AND Samsung tv's. These devices all run Tizen os. So, theoretically, one could take kodi's source (assuming it is all c/c++), build it with their IDE (a problematic spinoff of eclipse) or use a Tixen x-compiler toolchain, then use their sdk to install the app on the tv. (see https://developer.tizen.org/ for more details).

The only issue with this would be converting the kodi code to use Samsung's tizen api's.

I think that this would be more of an exercise in futility, than anything else :-(. IMHO.

ken
Thank you 4 your Support
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=tizen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laoding Kodi on Samsung Smart TV0