Win Kodi 17 freezes on exit
Sure way to tell if this failure to exit is in your add-ons, set-up, some corruption is to run a portable mode Kodi http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable in a lean configuration using one 1 local source. Portable mode is easy, when you get the install requester, point at a portable drive or some place other than default, let the install do it's work, but don't run Kodi, cancel that last request. Find the Kodi.exe and make a shortcut icon for it, then in the properties for that shortcut; TARGET C:\Kodi-Jarvis\Kodi\Kodi.exe -p then clicking the icon, prove out Kodi is working.... exit.

Count the seconds, leave a message.
I had the same problem...and tried all the suggested solutions that are out there for this issue....to no avail.
And sometimes my Kodi (17.6 in the meantime) would also crash upon startup....so I started thinking that maybe both were related.
I looked and found the Smash Wizard Program Addon to be the culprit. I'm not sure what was causing the freeze...maybe some automated maintenance action...but I uninstalled it and I can say now that after more than 10 exits without crashes I'm pretty sure that that was it.
Hope it works for all of you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 freezes on exit0