XBMC Online Manual (the official public wiki for everything XBMC Media Center)
You mean this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_FTP_into_your_Xbox
Or this?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Using_XBMC#W..._server.3F
?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I made a dumb mistake upgrading my XBMC on my xbox following the Online Manual. Since my initial install I was always accessing my install via the FTP through my XBMC as it is my dashboard. For adding plugins and editing xml files this is not an issue. XBMC can't be running during this step from this page:

Quote:Then ftp the files mentioned in the last section to the folder that contains XBMC on your Xbox, overwriting existing files.

I booted my xbox to my X3 page and used the X3 ftp to log in thus XBMC files are not in use.

Not sure if this is a one in a million noob mistake or not but it would have reminded me I can't FTP that way.
Fixed, although you really should read anything this important through before plowing ahead.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
HI GUYS I HAVE READ THE FORUMS SEVERAL TIMES AND FOLLOWED ON LINE USER MANUAL BUT STILL CANT MANAGE TO GET CORRECT SETTING FOR NETWORK IE PNP ETC IN XBMC.Confused

im using ubuntu karamic and xbmc stand alone,. been trying to sort t his out for 2 days now and still no luck need sof some experrt help guys pls
Linux is case-sensitive.
I feel like the wiki-arcticle about updating xbmc is really missing. Would be cool if someone might add it
The wiki pages for Programs and Scripts need to be updated/removed and something on the new Plugin system added by someone who is more familiar with the system than I am.
Edit: Actually I found some Add-on Pages...nevermind, I guess we just need to edit the manual pages to link to them.

At what point should we edit pages to reflect information for Dharma? Now? or after the release?
Mayaswell do it now - Dharma release is imminent.

If you could add a section on Microsoft C++ runtime error seems to be a common issue for some but really not much help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Online Manual (the official public wiki for everything XBMC Media Center)1