v17 No EPG data on channels between 2 and 10 PM
Bug 
Hi,
Over the last two weeks or so, I have discovered an issue with the DVBViewer addon. When connected to the recording service, it fails to gather the EPG data of certain channels, where the programmes are between 2 and 10 PM.
The data exists in the Recording Service and appears fully in DVBViewer and the RS Web Interface. However, Kodi cannot gather this data. I am using the latest generally available releases of DVBViewer and the Recording Service.

This issue has been duplicated on all my machines, including one I just setup that has no additional addons installed, just the PVR client configured. I have uploaded the debug log for this machine: http://pastebin.com/yQ9cueL1

I hope this issue can be resolved as I cannot make any recordings or view any EPG for the channels affected by this 8 hour blindspot. Thanks in advance.
My initial guess is some EPG entries have an invalid or overlapping date, which the DVBViewer resolves and Kodi doesn't. If that's the case there isn't much I can do.

However let's start by pasting the EPG. In your log search for "updating EPG for channel <your_channel_here>" and upload the output of the URL underneath. The EPG XML can be huge and might crash your browser, so you might want to use a download software.
This message is only displayed for channels that don't have any channel bound to their EPG, which is expected; these channels are ones that don't carry any EPG data at all.

As a result, the output is just "<epg Ver="2"/>". The issue is with channels that have EPG but some don't have data between 2 PM and 10PM, but have data in DVBViewer. Kodi does not output messages for these.

Also, the recording service deletes all EPG data on import, so there shouldn't be conflicts.
(2017-02-13, 21:03)newm Wrote: The issue is with channels that have EPG but some don't have data between 2 PM and 10PM, but have data in DVBViewer. Kodi does not output messages for these.
Sure it does, but Kodi caches the EPG and only pulls the EPG if necessary. So delete Kodi's EPG data first.

(2017-02-13, 21:03)newm Wrote: Also, the recording service deletes all EPG data on import, so there shouldn't be conflicts.
But Kodi does.
I have deleted the Kodi EPG several times (both via the "Clear Data" option in Settings and by deleting the EPG and TV db files) on several of my machines and have had no luck. The issue still persists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No EPG data on channels between 2 and 10 PM0