Win File names setup
Hi all,

I'm new to Kodi, and am trying to get all my TV shows and movies recognized automatically by Kodi 17.0 (Feb 1 2017)
Movies are working perfect, as are photo's, but I'm having issues with my TV shows.

My standard way of labelling files is "Show - [Season x - Episode x] - (date in dd-mm-yyyy) - Title.xxx (quality if 720p/1080p/2160p)

I created the advancedsettings.xml file and experimented with if after reading the wiki on file naming, but most of the episodes aren't recognized by the system and are not showing info in the left pane when opening the folder.

Can somebody push me in the right direction on how to get the files recognized the way it should be?

Thanks in advance
Maybe your folders and subfolders aren't setup correctly?

Check your Debug_log (wiki) for clues also
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Normally they should be good.

I've just got one main folder per show, no subfolders per season/year.

I'll check the debug file to see if that gives me a clue.

Thanks!
Hello StuNNeD

Have you read these instructions on naming TV Shows... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows.

Looks like your naming format is not recognised by KODI. You will need to change the naming scheme to one of those listed in the link. Or, if you have technical know how, you can modify advancedsettings.xml (as you tried already)

You would be best off just re-naming your files using something like Bulk Renamer Utility.

Yes, we all know it is a hassle, and you will naturally have some resistance to the change (as I did) but, some advice from someone who experienced the same issue many years ago, you would be better off making the change.
Hi Blossom24,

That's indeed the article I've been reading, and created an advancedsettings.xml file with some of the settings trying to get them recognised.

For example:
Series 11.22.63: I have all episodes with the exact same naming as mentioned above. From all episodes only episode 8 is properly detected, and all other files stay the same.

Strange...
StuNNeD - then you probably either have the source set at the wrong level (too high up the tree), or you have something around where Kodi is looking to identify the series name.

A debug log will tell you. Pastebin it and link back here.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
StuNNeD

Once you have completed the request from Prof Yaffle, it may be beneficial to head over to http://thetvdb.com/ and become familiar with it. It will become your best friend over time. (I'm assuming you are using the default scraper)

Look up some of your TV Shows on that site and ensure that your Title matches the Title from that site. Kodi obtains all the TV Show information from TVDB.

I just checked the title you gave as an example and came up with the following alternate names for the same show. Maybe the periods in the original title are being confused and it may be worth trying an alternate title. When I add a new TV Show or Movie, I always visit the relevant site and copy the name from the site and paste it directly into the file name via windows explorer. No chance for spelling errors throwing off the scrape. Just a suggestion.

11 22 63
11/22/63
22/11/63
22/11/63
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll play around with it a bit more and check the actual tvdb site instead of blindly relying on the scraper.

I'll see if I can post the debug log asap, maybe there are some clues in there as well.
This is how it looks on my NAS if it's to any help..

Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File names setup0