v17 frozen on a build and cannot return to 17 default.
I was adding a build to Kodi 17. The build froze on Spinz movies and I cannot get rid of it and return to normal Kodi 17 default.
I have uninstalled and re-installed it and the same build window shows.
Help please.
Thank you
Papa Bill
We would normally frown at banned_add-ons (wiki), but it seems that you're trying to remove those, so that's okay.

What platform are you on? Normally, deleting the userdata will revert you to a blank setup, but others will know more than me...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Your Right. Where can I find a list of banned Add-ons. I want to stay within the rules. I am brand new to this forum. I did read the rules.
I cannot delete anything because I cannot move around it the build. It only offers movies and defaults to this build when I uninstall and re-install Kodi.
Very frustrating. I just want to have it all off so I can start over with a perfect default Kodi 17
What do you mean by platform. I am also new to Kodi.
userdata (wiki) folder needs to be deleted.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I deleted Kodi folder in Program files (which is the only place that allows me to delete) and then uninstalled program from Windows menu. I re-installed Kodi and it did not default to Kodi 17 home screen but came up displaying the same build application that I don't want. The build is stuck in movies and that has become the default when loaded. From reading the forum posts this seems to be a new kind of issue. The build will not allow me to do a fresh install from the movies site.
that sucks - tough lesson to learn. if you have done all the above i'm not sure what to tell you
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
@Papa Bill - Delete this folder on your PC and you're done, oh and avoid using 'builds' in the future Smile --> C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
I finally got Kodi 17 Krypton back to original home screen.
Deleting Kodi in Program files should never ever be done unless it's initiated by right clicking the Kodi app and clicking uninstall from the system menu. Now, during the uninstall make sure that all check boxes are checked so that no profile information is left behind during the uninstall. This is the proper information you should have passed on to me. Not, "that sucks". Please remember " bry", the tough lessons are the best and most memorable lessons - Dig Deep, Reach High. FXB78 had it right. Thank you kindly.
(2017-02-14, 19:09)Papa Bill Wrote: I finally got Kodi 17 Krypton back to original home screen.
Deleting Kodi in Program files should never ever be done unless it's initiated by right clicking the Kodi app and clicking uninstall from the system menu. Now, during the uninstall make sure that all check boxes are checked so that no profile information is left behind during the uninstall. This is the proper information you should have passed on to me. Not, "that sucks". Please remember " bry", the tough lessons are the best and most memorable lessons - Dig Deep, Reach High. FXB78 had it right. Thank you kindly.
It's a shame people don't write stuff like that in their initial posts more often. I'd know to ignore them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frozen on a build and cannot return to 17 default.0