[WARNING] MeediOS will die...
Exclamation 
Hi, for some reason I can't post into "Off Topic" forum. So I post here.

What to say?
MeediOS will die.
I do not close the site for now. But I will have to do it if I have no donations from June 2017.
The month of June will be decisive. I will leave the whole site and domain names to anyone who wants to continue. I think this is definitely the end for everything.
If you want to do something please, let me know.

Today, MeediOS do not have developer.

Thanks all for these 10 years.

Skypichat
Webmaster of meediOS.com and meediOS-france.com

Maybe the community of Kodi is happy? I don't know.
French Kodi translator on Weblate
Moved to off topic for you (normal users cannot start threads there, only reply to existing ones)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-14, 20:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Moved to off topic for you (normal users cannot start threads there, only reply to existing ones)

thanks Smile
French Kodi translator on Weblate
That's too bad. MeediOS wasn't the first media center I ever played with (obviously), but it was the first media center I ever saw that really pushed how pretty a media center could look.
It is indeed sad. I used to use meedios before moving over to xbmc many years ago. My first dedicated htpc was running meedios on xp back in 2007
Certainly we are not happy to see a "competitor" closing down. We aren't selling anything!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It was coming for a while, well done for keeping it going so long.

Lets hope you all move over here(like I did) and get some of the MeediOS features in that are missing such as universal menu re-ordering, extensible database and easy Add-on development.
(2017-02-20, 14:39)docwra Wrote: It was coming for a while, well done for keeping it going so long.

Lets hope you all move over here(like I did) and get some of the MeediOS features in that are missing such as universal menu re-ordering, extensible database and easy Add-on development.
Yes it is time to join the Kodi community now.

I am sorry to bump a very old thread and I hope someone sees this.

I remember Meedios and remember being amazed by its skins and the obvious work and passion that were put in. There was a ton of customization and it looked really pretty and worked great.

I wanted to ask if there is any chance the old Meedios forum and its contents were saved by anyone? I miss it.
(2020-10-07, 10:46)MrCrispy Wrote: I am sorry to bump a very old thread and I hope someone sees this.

I remember Meedios and remember being amazed by its skins and the obvious work and passion that were put in. There was a ton of customization and it looked really pretty and worked great.

I wanted to ask if there is any chance the old Meedios forum and its contents were saved by anyone? I miss it.

Big Grin love a bit of nostalgia

The days of Skipichat, crn, HDwagner, Pablo and Polargeek, Szori, zag (me) and all the others trail blazers...

Since I used to run the MeediOS website and indeed made the decision to shut it down, then I probably have a copy somewhere, although @skypichat probably has a more up to date copy as he took it over after me.

Its such a shame Windows WPF was effectively abandoned by Microsoft, although its still out there to this day as part of their GUI development stack.

What exactly do you miss? I've dedicated the last number of years to getting my Kodi setup to a place where it matches the power of MeediOS and its skins were very similar.

Pure Glass Source is here but nobody ported it over to Kodi to my knowledge: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325423

The only thing I still think we are missing at Kodi is a good Add-on repository like the old OpenMAID, just simplicity 1 click uploads to distribute and maintain them.

EDIT: OH and I do miss the Music Jukebox functionality still. Dynamically browsing by first letter made it so usable.

(2020-10-07, 15:15)docwra Wrote:
(2020-10-07, 10:46)MrCrispy Wrote: I am sorry to bump a very old thread and I hope someone sees this.

Big Grin love a bit of nostalgia

The days of Skipichat, crn, HDwagner, Pablo and Polargeek, Szori, zag (me) and all the others trail blazers...

Since I used to run the MeediOS website and indeed made the decision to shut it down, then I probably have a copy somewhere, although @skypichat probably has a more up to date copy as he took it over after me.

Its such a shame Windows WPF was effectively abandoned by Microsoft, although its still out there to this day as part of their GUI development stack.

What exactly do you miss? I've dedicated the last number of years to getting my Kodi setup to a place where it matches the power of MeediOS and its skins were very similar.

Pure Glass Source is here but nobody ported it over to Kodi to my knowledge: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325423

The only thing I still think we are missing at Kodi is a good Add-on repository like the old OpenMAID, just simplicity 1 click uploads to distribute and maintain them.

EDIT: OH and I do miss the Music Jukebox functionality still. Dynamically browsing by first letter made it so usable.

Thank you for the reply! Its hard for me to say what exactly I miss, I remember back then the skin was posted with some huge images in the forum, and the config apps for setup etc were different. e.g. with Kodi you have everything in nfo and to create/fix them you need scrapers, with Meedios you did it differently.

I agree about WPF being abandoned being a shame. It really was great tech. They also killed Silverlight due to low adoption. 

As I was thinking about Meedios I also remembered MediaPortal from back then, and surprise their site is still up! Although I dont know if anyone still uses it. Titan which was their most famous skin is now firmly in Kodi and I'm sure others are too.

Its too bad all those other projects are now forgotten and the knowledge and contributors are gone forever.
This takes me back, having done Meedio until that went to die in Google, WMC, Meedios and MediaPortal (mainly for TV Server) before settling here.  Just good that the devotion of those with far better dev skills than me keep advancing these projects and give us something to use.
KODI Nexus - CoreELEC everywhere on Ugoos AM6 Plus&Pro, Plex Server, HDHomerun with TVHeadend on my NAS.
I well remember using Meedio Essentials (which was different but related to MeediOS) before Yahoo gobbled it up. I did try the sort-of re-skinned Meedio in the guise of Yahoo's "new" app (forgot the name) but didn't like it as too much Yahoo assets were pushed to the top. Went to MediaPortal in late 2006, then DSPlayer (briefly) then XMBC proper, and onwards through the versions to Kodi (with a stop along the way using SPMC). As was mentioned before, MAID (the addon repository for Meedio) was great and so easy to navigate/install, etc. Good times.
(2021-11-24, 05:25)selfcontained Wrote: I well remember using Meedio Essentials (which was different but related to MeediOS) before Yahoo gobbled it up. I did try the sort-of re-skinned Meedio in the guise of Yahoo's "new" app (forgot the name) but didn't like it as too much Yahoo assets were pushed to the top. Went to MediaPortal in late 2006, then DSPlayer (briefly) then XMBC proper, and onwards through the versions to Kodi (with a stop along the way using SPMC). As was mentioned before, MAID (the addon repository for Meedio) was great and so easy to navigate/install, etc. Good times.

Awesome to see another Meedio user still here, it must be 20 years now Smile

When I was a member of the Kodi team I tried very hard to convince people to make the Add-on system frontend more like OpenMAID.

I wanted to help with features such as upload an add-on with 1 click, make it open source, solicit donations, keep it updated easily with good version control, comment and rate Add-ons directly on the Front-end.

I'm happy that at least some of it transfered to the latest itteration of it on the Kodi website. I never could convince people to remove the high bar of GitHub though which is a shame. This basically excludes 50% of the developers from every uploading an Add-on.
The add-on section on the website is great! And while following links from the forum and downloading from github isn't as easy, those who are really into home video tend to congregate here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WARNING] MeediOS will die...1