not running KODI after download
Today, Feb 15th 2017, I Downloaded the latest KODI to my Windows 10 laptop. I had been running a previous version of KODI with no problems for well over 2 years. Once I downloaded the file and ran it, KODI will not start up at all. I double click on the Icon (which I went to the file manager and sent a copy of the Icon to the desktop) and with my Taks Manager open, nothing happens at all.

I even went and deleted the program using the KODI uninstaller, then re-downloaded the file and reran the installer, and still no go. I bet I have clicked on that Icon a hundred time now and no KODI to be seen
I did the same thing and am having the same issues
Some virus checkers are giving false positives and quarantining kodi. Please check yours.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
as soon I as click Kodi the load screen comes up then it says Kodi has stopped running, with virus software disabled
So you are very unclear. Is it Kodi that won't run, or the Kodi installer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i have the same problem
kodi does work again, problem solved
(2017-02-15, 03:21)Palladini921 Wrote: Today, Feb 15th 2017, I Downloaded the latest KODI to my Windows 10 laptop. I had been running a previous version of KODI with no problems for well over 2 years. Once I downloaded the file and ran it, KODI will not start up at all. I double click on the Icon (which I went to the file manager and sent a copy of the Icon to the desktop) and with my Taks Manager open, nothing happens at all.

I even went and deleted the program using the KODI uninstaller, then re-downloaded the file and reran the installer, and still no go. I bet I have clicked on that Icon a hundred time now and no KODI to be seen
I had this issue when I first tried to run krypton. Looking at the kodi.log file (in %appdata%\kodi) I saw an error relating to Addons27.db:

"ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database"

Addons27.db turned out to be a zero byte sized file. Deleted that file and kodi worked fine.

Your issue may be different but check the kodi log file and see what's there.
(2017-02-16, 22:43)makaveli28 Wrote: kodi does work again, problem solved

Are you willing to share the solution?
Care to share your debug log (wiki)?
the easy way to fix it is by going to the search tap on windows and copy and paste the fallowing = %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata then press enter it will give you a folder click on it then look for the folder DAtabase click on look for a file addone27 with zero bytes right click the deleted and when you try to star the program should work now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not running KODI after download1