v17 BUG - Unable to play 720p & 1080p videos (OpenElec)
Hi! I'm running Kodi 17 on an Asus Chromebox running OpenELEC on a Panasonic 720p plasma TV.

For some reason, I only get a black screen (no video or audio) when trying to play 720p and 1080p HD videos?

480p videos play just fine.

I tried plugging in my laptop which is running Kodi 16.1 into the Panasonic's HDMI and it works just fine playing 720p and 1080p HD videos.

So, I think it might be an issue with Kodi 17?

I would downgrade it but I'm running it on OpenELEC and have no idea how to downgrade Kodi on that.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated!
You're going to need to get a debug_log (wiki) to see what's going on, unless it's a known issue on the Chromebox. You don't even say what release/beta of OE you're trying otherwise, or how these files are encoded.

Two thoughts, though:

1. I doubt that LibreELEC is much different, but it might be, and they are (were) interchangeable. You could try that instead.

2. You can downgrade the same way you upgrade - copy the target files to the Upgrade share and reboot - your database should still be there with the old tables. You will get some breakage in addons, though, as they will also have upgraded and won't go backwards in time... realistically, you're looking at a re-installation to be certain.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Moving to Linux as well, as more folks will see it there. It's likely to be an OE problem, though, so may end up on the OE forum instead of here - but let's see what the logfile says.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG - Unable to play 720p & 1080p videos (OpenElec)0