boxes with no kodi content
Hi guys,I've literally just joined the forum so don't destroy me with a noob question but are these boxes that people supply WITHOUT Kodi content ( just kodi itself ) considered to be legal? I know the boxes that companies provide that are " fully loaded " are not but I'm interested to hear people's opinions on the boxes that are " empty " so to speak

Thanks guysWink
Yes. It's free and open source software.

See our Official:Trademark Policy (wiki) for some more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sweet.I'm going to be buying a Zoomtak Vplus very soon from a very reputable company in the UK but I was just checking to see if boxes supplied without any Kodi content were legal.I'm not remotely interested in buying an illegal box so this is good to know,thanks for the reply,much appreciatedWink
btw, as Kodi is open source, and can be installed pretty simple on any Android box (if you aim for such), there is no need to pick a special one that comes with Kodi preinstalled. Just grab a box that's up to your technical demands and install Kodi yourself. We're also happy to assist in this process if you need help (but first please have a look at our wiki, where several installation methods are explained).
Thanks for that,Ive always liked the Zoomtak vplus,I've been researching it for quite a while and it's a good bit of kit,not cheap but you get what you pay for.The company supplying it are top notch too so I really am looking forward to getting to grips with the box and in particular Kodi.Ive never used android before ( Apple fanboy here lol ) so it's all new to me but like I said I can't wait to get stuck inBig Grin
(2017-02-15, 20:27)bradster72 Wrote: Thanks for that,Ive always liked the Zoomtak vplus,I've been researching it for quite a while and it's a good bit of kit,not cheap but you get what you pay for.The company supplying it are top notch too so I really am looking forward to getting to grips with the box and in particular Kodi.Ive never used android before ( Apple fanboy here lol ) so it's all new to me but like I said I can't wait to get stuck inBig Grin

Seems it use an Amlogic S912 so you should probably forget this box...
Moanbag is in da place!
Why's that then?
(2017-02-15, 20:52)bradster72 Wrote: Why's that then?

Amlogic s912 almost always come with really bad android firmware and, as far as I know, no way to have LibreElec on it

So you will probably find yourself with a useless android box
Moanbag is in da place!
Code:
Buggiest Android Kodi Box getting about is:

- Any AMLogic S912 box running Android Marshmallow 6.0, like the Beelink GT1 as an example. Don't get hoodwinked by clever marketing and Tech specs people. Its been awarded a D by our very own @hdmkv. A D for Do Not Bother!
There is NO LibreELEC Kodi support for AML S912 devices either.

All dirt cheap, unsupported AMLogic boxes with Android Marshmallow 6.0 are rubbish at the moment for semi-serious Android Kodi use. If proper bug busting Firmware updates do not come from the seller (virtually always the case) then expect broken Kodi Passthrough Audio (especially DTS) and Video features. WiFi or Bluetooth may not even work. These cheap Android devices are strictly DIY only.

From this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Moanbag is in da place!
hardly dirt cheap at 160 euros but if what you posted is to be believed,what's the best Android box out there? I'd appreciate your feedback and even if you had a link to it that would be great...
(2017-02-15, 21:19)bradster72 Wrote: hardly dirt cheap at 160 euros but if what you posted is to be believed,what's the best Android box out there? I'd appreciate your feedback and even if you had a link to it that would be great...

FIRE TV boxes from amazon work pretty well. I have two of them. Installing is very easy on it as well.

EDIT: You should browse the hardware section of this forum. Lots of good ideas in there!!
i'll still order the Vplus and see how I go with it.It's got very good reviews anywhere I've searched so like I said i'll give it a go and see.I'll post a review of it here sometime....
A higher price doesn't necessarily dictate a better product, they are just branding a generic Chinese Android box that typically sells for $50 on sites like Alibaba

If I were you I would have picked up the international version of the Mi Box, it's 2x the box this one is at less than half the price, runs Android TV and backed by a good company

Mi Box @ Geek Buy - $70 EUR
thanks for that,very interesting.....I assume I can get all the sky sports channels with that box too just by in stalling removed? Sorry for the noobness,just new to Kodi and android in general
That service is not something we allow discussion of here, as it's not exactly legitimate.

Our forum rules (wiki) do not allow discussion of piracy services, even if they are not through Kodi itself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boxes with no kodi content0