Stupid question - Openelec support
I've moved from Windows / Kodi to Openelec. Does this forum support Openelec anymore? Do I read and post on the OpenElec dedicated website with formums?

I know, I know - dumb question, but I just don't get it.
LibreElec is now the standard over Openelec in my opinion. Going from Openelec to Libreelec is pretty simple.
Na, not dumb. You just haven't heard :-)
Some (most?) Devs from OE moved on with Libreelec. Pretty much an up to date fork and it's well-supported.
OE is just a one man band now consisting of just the original founder of the project, the rest of the OE team disagreed with how the project was being managed so jumped ship, they forked the OE code and have gone in their own direction under the LibreElec banner.

OE has not long released a build with Kodi v16 with no sign of a build including v17, however LE are in the final stages of releases their build including v17 (in RC at the moment) so are your best bet for an up to date stable build.
If your question isn't OS specific or about drivers or hardware decoders or something, we'll probably answer the question either way though. Above a certain level, Kodi is Kodi.
(2017-02-15, 22:19)RickInHouston Wrote: Does this forum support Openelec anymore? Do I read and post on the OpenElec dedicated website with formums?
As I understand, LibreELEC/OpenELEC specific questions (about the Operating-System level) should be asked in their own forums on their sites.

Only Kodi application questions should really be asked here. There are only some exceptions for a few supplementary tools for Kodi which have their own subforum here. There is no subforum here for LibreELEC or OpenELEC.

At their core both LibreELEC and OpenELEC are just another Linux OS. And OS-level qustions should be addressed to the OS support/developers, and application-level qustions should be addressed to the application support/developers.

Same goes with Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac OS X. You won't get much support here with example boot or network issues with those OSes, and you won't get much support here with boot or network issues with LibreELEC or OpenELEC, or any other Linux Operating-System. That is because Kodi as an application does not directly operate boot or network, it just expect that the OS handled all that.
I migrated from OpenElec to LibreElec using John Large - Technology, Hardware & Web Development Blog. It went without a hitch! That usually never happens for me. Thanks, everyone.
I think what @RockerC says is technically correct, but at the same time libreelec/openelec questions are more tolerated than, say, general windows questions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stupid question - Openelec support0