Step by Step install Jarvis Linux MInt please
Hi All - I "upgraded" to Krypton a few days ago and found it did not play ripped DVD files. Now I want to go back to the good ol' days of last week when Kodi Jarvis 16.1 played everything. I removed/purged Krypton and now I can't seem to find instructions on how to get Jarvis back. I posted earlier asking how to get Krypton to play ripped DVDs and ... 78 views ... no answers. I need step by step instructions because I'm just a Linux Mint 18 (Cinnamon) user. I don't go under the hood much so keep your instructions simple. As if you're explaining something to an idiot (me).

Thanks in advance.
I'm thinking you should look here:
http://airbornesurfer.com/2015/04/how-to...ntu-linux/
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306815
how about providing a Debug Log of v17 not playing something? If nobody provides proper bug reports, potential issues will never be fixed.
Also, it's probable that something else is going wrong, since v17 should play dvds just fine
SOLVED!!!

This Did The Trick:

sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160425.1001-final-0xenial* kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160425.1001-final-0xenial*

Back to Jarvis. But some settings didn't work. So ... I deleted the .kodi folder, redid all the settings, and it's popcorn time.

how about providing a Debug Log of v17 not playing something? If nobody provides proper bug reports, potential issues will never be fixed.

Great idea. But ... I thought I told y'all I was an idiot who needed step-by-step instructions. Thanks for the link to the guide for next time. I just hope there won't be a next time.

Also, it's probable that something else is going wrong, since v17 should play dvds just fine

And it does. DVD discs. But it won't play the ripped DVD files that are on my server. Odd thing ... If I rip a DVD to a local drive Krypton plays those no problem. But If I try to play from the server ... nuthin'. Not an issue anymore once I got Jarvis re-installed. Now I'm back to being a carefree Windows-less movie watcher. Life would be perfect if someone came out with a new-improved Back Row skin. But that's just a quibble.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Step by Step install Jarvis Linux MInt please0