help newbie live tv meridian news south !!
Hi all and im fairly new to kodi but no my way around , my question is how do i recieve itv meridian as from the south in uk ? , ive tried every built in tv players including itv hub/player / stv / uk tv player / uk turks / you name it ive tried it , ok i can get bbc news south through iplayer but if anybody can help me get itv local news that would be great as been searching for 3 mths now without success ! , this a be a good post and im sure there are lots of people with the same issues as all i want to find is local itv news from my area .

Thankyou and aplogies if posted in wrong forum.

Brian
You've not stated what operating system or hardware you are running Kodi on but the obvious answer would be to use a PVR (wiki) tuner. Do you have access to an Freeview antenna?

By the way, please review the forum rules concerning piracy and Banned Addons (wiki) . You mentioned one in your post so you need to be aware we only discuss and support legal, legitimate services and add-ons on this forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Hi and apolgies as im new , i dont have pvr client and my aerial is not good !, im currently have a q box with kodi built in and all running through my ethernet broadband , fibre optic to, just needed to no if there was any workaround or app to recieve local news in the south.
Unfortunately if ITV don't provide a legit IPTV steam for regional channels (in a similar way the the BBC I do for theirs) then you're probably out of luck. If anybody thinks they do they can chime in on this thread.

If it is the case then any you do for across will be piracy streams and therefore excluded from support here.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-02-16, 13:20)read007 Wrote: Hi and apolgies as im new , i dont have pvr client and my aerial is not good !, im currently have a q box with kodi built in and all running through my ethernet broadband , fibre optic to, just needed to no if there was any workaround or app to recieve local news in the south.

I don't think ITV provide internet streams of their regional variations.

If you want your local version of ITV, then you'll need either a Freeview DVB-T (or T2 if your local version is carried in HD) tuner and a PVR backend (like TV Headend) OR a Freesat DVB-S/S2 (again if your local version is carried in SD or HD on satellite)

Freeview DVB-T/T2 is definitely the best route to getting your actual local TV service still. If you are in a fringe area AND run Windows, then there are some DVB-T sticks (not T2) that have diversity reception that will use two tuners paired fed by two different aerial feeds (say an internal aerial on one, and your rooftop aerial on the other) and constantly compare both tuners and switch between them based in whichever one has the fewest (or no) errors. The keyword is DIVERSITY - but you need to run Windows for these (Linux drivers treat diversity sticks purely as dual-tuners). If you feed both aerial inputs with the same aerial feed you obviously defeat the point of diversity reception (the idea is that two dodgy feeds working together give better results)

I always travel with a DVB-T Diversity tuner and a couple of small internal aerials - and in most hotels I get very good results. (There are some MacOS devices that also support diversity reception - Elgato's EyeTV software with Elgato or Hauppuage Diversity tuners for instance - but they don't work with Kodi AFAIK)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help newbie live tv meridian news south !!0